Slow 1-2 At Part Throttle

alocker

I need some help with my painfully slow 1-2 shift at part throttle. When leaving from a stop smoothly, it just takes too long to shift. If I continue to roll into it, it takes even longer. Heavy and full throttle situations it shift firm and very quick. No flaring or slipping has been observed. I dont recall the servo setting but it was within .020 of recommended.

How can I quicken that low throttle 1-2?

I have a CK shift kit, CK servo, wide black band. I went with the low HP accumulator spring setup like stock. Not sure if this matters for part throttle shifts.

Was the shift delayed before the modifications were made? Did you make all of the mods at one time?
2-3 and 3-4 shifts where you want them?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Was the shift delayed before the modifications were made? Did you make all of the mods at one time?
2-3 and 3-4 shifts where you want them?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I never used the trans before I built it. The other shifts are ok. I am still tuning the governor but I am close, I only need to go about 200 RPM higher. As far a shift quality, I like the 2-3 and 3-4.

I got a chance to beat the new combo around with some decent weather. I removed nylon governor spring screw and added a 3/4 stainless allen head bolt to add some weight. I went around the block and it would not shift out of first. So I drained everything again and found the bolt head is too long and was interfering with the case so the small weight could never fully extend. I ground down the head and buttoned it back up. I also added a heavier spring to the small weight and put in a light spring for the heavy weight (they are all very light but I did not have one before and figured it could not hurt).

Bam, 1-2 shift is right at 5800 which is good for my combo. I also plugged the 1-2 accumulator and it feels great. Not harsh with the 3000 stall but a very fast shift with no drama or banging. My new issues is the 2-3 shift that is not happening at 5800 and I dont want to rev much higher. I hear this is common though and I will have to research to change that.

i appreciate the suggestions. I am really starting to like the trans. These are a pain to set up but when working right they are a lot of fun.