Slade, "run, run away".......

victa1

I was going through my old 45s and found this cool tune.

Anyone remember this from '83-84?

Yeah, I liked Run Run Away back in '84.

I remembered hearing that they were big back in the early '70's in England and influenced a lot of American rock groups. So last year when I was looking for some different music to listen to I downloaded a bunch of their early music off of Morpheus. Their music kicked butt. Quiet Riot did covers of at least two of their songs and now I consider Quiet Riot a Slade cover band.;)

If you have the means try to get a hold of the following Slade songs:

We'll Bring the House Down

Get Down Get With It

Cum On Feel the Noise (Covered by Quiet Riot)

Bangin' Man

Mama Weer All Crazee Now (Covered by Quiet Riot and The Runaways) - Also my personal Slade favorite

Skweeze Me, Pleeze Me

Gudbuy t'Jane

Take Me Back 'ome

...and yes the names are spelled badly by the band.

"Cum On Feel the Noise (Covered by Quiet Riot)"

I didn't know that was originaly by Slade. I do have the Quiet Riot

Learn something new everyday. I'm gonna look on the "net" for the Slade original.

I remember Slade from way back because I am from way back! Had a couple of their albums on vinyl.

Mama were all crazee now was also covered by a group called Mamas Boys somewhere around 87-88.Best Slade album had to be "Keep your hands off my power supply"(featuring run run away and my oh my) Wore that tape out :cool:

Cool!

I popped an old Slade cassette into the car stereo on the way home from work a few weeks ago. Before that, it had been a number of years since I listened to it. Still sounds great. :)