single 12'' sub under rear deck ?

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
I was wondering if a single 12'' sub in a ported box would fit under the rear deck between some 6x9's ? if so does anyone have a link to a box that would work or someone they could suggest to build one at a reasonable price. Thanks

I've built several boxes for single, dual or 3 12's that fit up on the package shelf. Granted the 3 JL 12W6's did extent into the trunk a bit. A single 12 on the package shelf should be easy. What 12 are you looking at? A couple of different guys here can suggest the box.

Not sure on what sub, I haven't bought any subs in years. Anyway I'm not trying to compete or looking to shake the windows loose just looking for something to add a little deep base to my system. I would to stay under $150 for the sub alone, what would be a decent speaker for that price range ? I mostly listen to rap and r&b if that matters

In that price range I would say JL Audio 12W0 or 12W1 series. The Alpine Type S wouldn't be a bad choice. I see Image Dynamics in that range, but I'm not sure if it is the original woofer or a rebranded. If you extend your price range up a bit more to $200 or $225 you can get into some nicer woofers (Dayton, RE Audio, JL 12W3, Alpine Type R, Polk Audio, etc.). Extending your price range would also let you get into 2 10's for a bit more cone area if you are willing to give up a bit more room. With your music choice I would most likely port somewhere between 34Hz and 44 Hz depending on the woofer.

Amp choice? How much power? Two more questions that affect woofer choice. If you have to drive a low ohm load to make power, you will need a dual voice coil woofer.

I have a old school kenwood 827 that still works good and I planed on using that for the time being. Can't remember the specs on it off the top of my head but I used to push 2 12's with it. I saw a thread on here that had a link on a box that fits with 2 10's but it was a sealed box and I would prefer ported

I checked the specs on the amp. You don't want to run it at less than a 4 ohm load. You just need to decide on a woofer to determine how the box should be built.

Any pictures of the 3 12's W6 box?!
Way too many years ago. Not sure where to begin looking for photos, if they still exist. Cannot say for sure that any of my friends still have any pics either.

But 3 W6 12's in 6 cu ft, ported to 30 Hz, powered by a Linear Power 5002 would hammer. I had the front of the box sealed to the interior, so all the pressure was inside the car. The 6, 4 and tweeter in the front could not keep up. The 6's had a LP 1752 on them in pods in the doors and the 4/tweeter were in the kicks with a LP 1752 on them.

I actually still own the woofers and have rebuild kits for them. I've just been too lazy to rebuild them. And now that I think about it, I may still have the kick panels.

Contact GaryK1970 for a sub box... He can build anything you need

Bryan