Silver & Gray Metallic 1987 D84 Designer Turbo Regal - $13.9K BO

""Rear main leaves spots on the garage floor & has a few other minor items to sort out""

Such as?

Any video of the car as the pictures can only be viewed one at a time?

Last edited:
PM sent. Contact number?
What other common options is the car missing?

Last edited:
I apologize as I have not been on the board as often as I should. My back has not been very good and have had some problems getting around.

Anyway I was asked what I would do to the car if I was keeping it? Good question in my mind. I have not ever bought a car that I did not fix something or spend money on right away, whether it absolutely needed it or not. When I bought this car it needed tires, an AC recharge & paint as the header panel & driver side fender paint had brake fluid damage. I also thought it could be buffed as temporary solution. The head liner was also just beginning to separate. . I fixed some things and replaced somethings and since then have done what needed to be done and the usual regular maintenance. I ended up having it painted within the first two years.

D84 issues:

What would I do if I was keeping the car. I don't think any of this is MANDATORY but it is a llist to look after and take care of in the future. A To Do List:

• Astro roof works well – there is something loose about 5” back on the track. I can’t see it. The moon roof opens and closes as it should as long as I do not run it back that far. I do not know what the problem is but I expect there is a screw or some other hardware causing the hang-up and should be not too expensive to have it fixed or removed.
  • There is some wind noise near the front of the passenger side window. The weather-strip needs to be shimmed in the right spot to seal out the noise. OEM General Motors upper and lower door seals were used when the car was repainted so I believe this fix is fairly easy.
  • Problematic rear main & oil pan areas could be opened up but many times the result is the same or a slightly different leak & very little if any improvement. The rear axle seal should be replaced when a flush and fill of the differential is done. These things should be monitored but do not affect drive-ability in my opinion.
  • Escutcheon screw covers are silver from basic Regal (charcoal ones were used on the non-limited Turbo Regal).
  • The long narrow speaker cover on upper dash is cracked as usual but still nice appearing.
  • Emblems - the originals that survived paint are included separately. New "T" fender emblems & as "3.8l SFI Turbo" hood emblems were put on after repaint but all others were left off to keep the clean straight appearance.
The car runs and drives well. It can be enjoyed just as it.

I will try to respond to questions and add some pictures. The car is in Madison WI.
Bob

I've also seen it. Beautiful car, spotless top to bottom inside and out. Very well represented here. I told DWALL it's under priced.

Thanks to all the Turbo Regal guys that have seen this car and said so. Frank, Zac, Steve and
f117v6 (I think I would recognize your car).

It has been driven to Chicago, Minneapolis, Iowa and mostly around WI to car shows & home without fail. But over the last year plus it has maybe 500-600 miles - not enough for my wife and I to enjoy. Someone else should.

I know what you mean when you say back problems; i have a terrible lower back .. sciatica, bone spurs and bad arthritis and not all that old, already a couple of surgeries . So i'm sorry to hear your back is messing up.

I bet that is just something loose or a screw causing the top to do that, and the gaskets just need to be changed out.

Nice car wish i was closer to see it

Sounds like a good honest reply and a really nice car. I just want something with more mods.
I'm sure it will sell soon.

I sent you a PM. Let me know when you are feeling better and I will check out the car I am only an hour away from you.

SOLD

Thank you to the new owners and hope to see you down the road. Hopefully you will enjoy this good looking & unique Turbo Regal as much and more than we did. We miss it already.

I would be negligent if I forgot to say "Thank you to TB.com" ..... and to everyone that expressed interest. Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you Bob. The car is everything you represented. Thanks TB.com, you guys are right this car is immaculate!