silicone squegee

z1huggy

has anyone tried/or use the silicone squegee to dry their car? I must have hard water or something because i get all kinds of water spots even when I use a chamois. I'd try the silicone dealy but I don't want to make my less than pristine black any worse.
Any input is appreciated :)

Don't use it.

If you pick up the slightest piece of dirt, tar, whatever, it'll really leave some scratches.

To avoid waterspots, remove the nozzle from your garden hose and hose the car off that way before drying. That will "sheet" the water off the car.

Then, use a couple of big, 100 % cotton towels (wash them a couple of times before using them, but don't use fabric softener when in the dryer) to dry the car.

No water spots :)

HTH
Rich

DO NOT USE THAT THING,,

get your self the Absorber ,from PepBoy,Walmart for under $10

z1,

Most of the people I know with black cars like the Absorber best, and many others do use the silicone squeegee...but, if either collects/catches any dirt in use, it will be scratch-city.

A word on 100% cotton towels---most you'll find are made in Pakistan. Their definition of 100% cotton is different/lesser than ours. The imports have fibers that will leave fine swirls, so beware.

Two brands that truly are 100% cotton are the best from Cannon & Fieldcrest (JC Penney).

Also, check out another heading on TurboBuick.com entitled Show Car & Restoration, I think...it deals with lots of Car Care issues.

HTH :)

thanx for the input, I'll give the Absorber a try :)

LOL, I'd have posted in the Show Car/Resto forum but doesn't get much action :D

Quick WE4 is absolutly correct. The *BEST* way to rince off a car is without a nozzle and letting the water come out slowly and this sheetis off the car so there is very little drying. I have been dooing this for years and it works like a charm..

Yep, forgot to mention - Cannon or Fieldcrest towels only :D

And cut off the ends of the towel if it's got a hard edge to it. Cut off any tags, blah blah blah. Cut them down to manageable sizes as well.

Dry the horizontal surfaces from the front of the car to the back - wipe in one direction, not in a swirl pattern. When you dry the vertical surfaces of the car, wipe from top to bottom, not front to back (or side to side).

Can you tell I spend just a little too much time waxing and polishing my TR?

Sidenote - my wife has been on my ass more than a few times for raiding the bathroom closet for some perfectly worn Cannon bath towels :) Not a pretty scene....

Later!
Rich

:D

water blade

hmmm, I dont know what you guys are washing your cars with, but after you wash your car you shouldnt have any crap on it to scratch it. I always use the Water Blade on my 2000 Black Dakota and I am VERY fussy about swirl marks, and this truck is flawless.

Yes if the water blade catches the slightese piece of crap it bye bye to your nice paint, but if you religiously clean the water blade and wash your vehicle very good you wont have any problems, not too mention it does a much better job then the absorber which strips the wax from your vehicle....

yup- i use the water blade AFTER i wash my car
i realize that if something got in between the water blade and the paint the surface would scratch-
that is why i only use the blade for the top surfaces, windows and the top half of the sides--
and dry the lower half of the car after i use that towel on the final dry on the top surface
its saves alot of time and energy, and i usually only have 1 towel to wash after i dry the cars-
and i use it on the black car too :)
hmmm super absorber-- sounds like a feminin product??
wonder if those would work?? :confused: :rolleyes: