SICK 87 Turbo T, TONS invested, trans slips, NJ

nighthawk355x

Disciple of speed
87 Turbo T hardtop, 82k original miles, Maroon w/reupholstered Maroon interior, rare digital cluster, power windows, power locks, ALL mods have about 15k max on them.

The one glaring negative is the trans is stock and slipping between gears, so eventually it'll need one. Other than that it's a clean car with literally A FORTUNE in it!! I just got the car for $13,500 and I have NO money right now to do anything so I'm letting it go. It's a sad thing to do because I've always wanted one and this thing's BADASS!!

Right now this is my ONLY car and I have no funds to do anything. It's obvious I'm going to take a hit on the car but I'm hoping for $12k with all parts and as it sits. I can possibly negotiate some but that will be without the spare parts and starting to de-mod the car, beginning with the driveshaft. The car's been built with no expense spared, add some tlc and you'll have the baddest ass T EVER!!! Car has potential to win at the track, shows, and road courses.

My e-mail is venomsvtcobra@aol.com, phone is 848-250-3006, located in Central NJ. May consider trades of equal value.

Exterior Modifications:
-High Quality Repaint (done years back but still looks good, whole front end was removed to paint, pass fender needs to be aligned a bit, door rubs slightly, few flaws here and there, but it's a clean car)
-Shaved Emblems
-Lowered
-Fiberglass Front Bumper
-Paint-to-match Bumpers
-17x9" ROH Wheels (painted black)
-Smoked Parking Light Covers
-20% Tint All Around
-Black Trim
-Repainted Satin Headlight/Taillight Bezels
-Repainted Grill
-Full Stainless Headlight/Tail Light Hardware, no rusted screws
-Turbo 6 Logo Center Caps
-BFG KDW Tires (7k miles)

Interior Modifications:
-Single A Pillar Gauge Pod
-Dual Console Gauge Pod
-Billet Console Panels w/Turbo 6 Logo
-Billet Turbo T Shift Knob
-Billet Buick Motorsports Dash Panel
-Carpeted Turbo 6 Logo Trunk Panels

Under Hood:
-TA Performance Black Billet Valve Covers
-Metco Dual Valve Cover Breather Filters w/Billet Necks

Performance:
-Forged Stock Displacement Bottom End
-Ported Stock Heads
-Copper Head Gaskets
-New TE44 Turbo
-42.5 Injectors
-Sheet Metal Intake
-4" CAI Setup
-Center Mount Lower Scoop
-Tial Wastegate
-218/221 Cam
-Turbo Tweak Chip
-Razors Alky Injection (in-car adjustment)
-ATR 4" Down Pipe
-ATR 3" Single Shot Cat-Back Exhaust
-Random Tech 3" Cat
-Manual Boost Controller (currently set to 25psi)

Suspension/Chassis:
-100% New Front End (pitman arm/idler arm/center link/tie rod ends)
-Flaming River Quick Ratio Steering Box
-Howe Low Friction Ball Joints
-Hotchkis Tie Rod Adjusters
-QA1 Adjustable Billet Front Coilovers w/500lb Springs
-QA1 Adjustable Billet Rear Shocks
-Hotchkis Rear Springs
-ATR Adjustable Tubular Front Upper/Lower A-arms
-Pole Position Adjustable Upper Rear Control Arms
-Spohn Solid Billet Lower Rear Control Arms
-Energy Suspension Poly Body Mounts, All New
-Kirban Front Frame Braces
-Drilled/Slotted Front Rotors
-Aftermarket Lightweight Aluminum Calipers
-Stainless brake Lines Front to Back
-Hawk Brake Pads (very agressive, some squeel associated with these, my plan was to change them if it bothered me)

Drivetrain:
-9" 3200 Stall Converter
-3" Carbonfiber Driveshaft ($1000 by itself)
-Stock 10 Bolt w/3:42's

Electronics:
-Scanmaster
-Caspers Electronics Engine Wiring Harness (professionally installed February)
-Brand New ECU Done With Harness
-Brand New Cam Sensor
-Brand New Tensioner
-New Powermaster 200amp Alternator
-Headlight Brightening Kit
-All Wiring Redone
-Autometer Boost Gauge
-Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge
-Autometer Water Temp Gauge
-Sony X-plod Flip Out CD Player
-2 10" JL Audio Subs
-Amp
-Optima Battery

So again, negatives: Trans slips. I'm sure it'll last quite a while like this but as I said I have ZERO money right now. Passenger door rubs the fender a bit, just needs the fender re-aligned, 6"x3" spot of paint missing on hood, one of the pulleys is squeaking like a bastard(may fix this soon though), and blower motor is shot. Not terrible things really, most are dirt cheap to fix. I'm just trying to be upfront about it. It's not a rust bucket like many, has a small fortune into it, and it'll make someone a SICK car!

Will include both an ATR(?) front mount intercooler, and set of stainless headers, both BRAND NEW, never on a car. No, I won't sell them seperate. If I don't sell the car then they'll get installed on it. Also have a cam sensor bypass since these cars are known for that, shouldn't ever need it since I just put a new one in it, but it's nice to have. And I'll also include a brand new still in the wrapper set of door weatherstripping. That's about $1k in parts.

Paint is decent, body is straight, body & frame are solid, few surface rust spots on the undercarriage but for a G-body she's more solid than 90% of NE cars.

I take that back, car has 1 rusted spot in the door jamb under the a-pillar. Not terrible to fix though.

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And to give you an idea of how fast it is...I've dialed the boost to 20psi and adjusted the akly accordingly. As it sits, 20psi, slipping trans, 2 days ago I made a C6 vette cry TWICE from a 70 roll!! He tried and failed twice...then cut over 2 lanes immediately to take the next exit! :biggrin:

Just curious..why did you start a new thread for it? Is it just so that someone sees that you are selling it right from the start? Still a great looking car! Good luck with your sale!

That car looks awesome with black rims!!! One question... Is that windshield washer fluid in the alky tank????

Just curious..why did you start a new thread for it? Is it just so that someone sees that you are selling it right from the start? Still a great looking car! Good luck with your sale!

Bingo! Yeah, just wanted to make an official "for sale" thread so people know it's not just an idea anymore.

And yes believe it or not, it IS washer fluid in the alky tank. A lot of people run it without issue since it has methanol in it. It gets mixed reviews, some trust it some don't...I don't want this to turn into one of those threads though. I even Razor and he said as long as it is indeed preventing knock it's fine. I was going to switch it eventually, but i figured I might as well use what it had first. Even when boost was at 28psi when you adjusted the alky it had ZERO degrees of knock. But hey, to each his own...

Forgot to mention, I prefer an outright sale but will consider trades, but if trading I'd prefer a trade in my benefit, (ie: car's worth a little more or at least EASILY worth what I'm asking). Not trying to be unreasonable just letting you know up front. I figure if someone really wants this car and they're afraid they can't sell theirs in time, we could talk.

I'd consider almost anything newer, NO PROJECTS, as I said I have no money, otherwise I wouldn't be selling this in the first place. It has to be something that A. i can just get in and drive, B. looks clean & straight, and C. i could sell for what i want for this when i'm done with it.

No bikes, no boats, no land, don't want your first born...and no, I DO NOT want your 98 4cyl rat pile and $2k cash. Be realistic please:biggrin: .

bump

people must be retarded...I've had a few trade offers, and have said "give me a call I may be interested", and then never hear from anyone again.

Is it just me?:rolleyes:

bump

people must be retarded...I've had a few trade offers, and have said "give me a call I may be interested", and then never hear from anyone again.

Is it just me?:rolleyes:

not just you, same experience here trying to sell a car this year.
dealing with a bunch of wackos and low ballers, no fun.
very difficult to sell a car in this economy.

good luck with the sale, great car and a great deal considering the build.

Bump, may be slightly more negotiable temporarily. My friend's sister is selling a car I'd like to pick up as a DD. I'm not going to move a crazy amount, but I'll do $11.5k as it sits with EVERYTHING, or $10,700 w/o the spare ic/headers and with a stock driveshaft.

I have an 03 Infiniti M45 with 70K on the clock.

Just a thought as I am looking for a new TR. I'd drive it to Jersey.

2003 Infiniti M45 in PLANO, TX 75093: Sedan Details - 266910107 - AutoTrader.com

Actually I will be in Millville in the middle of September for a race.

That is actually an AWESOME car!! Every time I see a black one I drool all over myself! The unfortunate part is that my friend's sister's car is something I've been waiting on for a while, so I'm probably looking at cash only at this point.

If you sell it though by all means get in touch with me.

Will do! I hope you get the sale....and I hope you don't get the sale:biggrin:

Bring it down to New Jersey Motorsports Park on 9/18 for the races. You and yours can be our guests.

Just out of Curiosity....Did you happen to buy this car in NJ?It had a set of 1 off custom wheels on it at the time?

Yep, bought in NJ. I got it like it sits though. The previous owner has had these wheels on it for quite a few years. Maybe it was before he got it?

I know he said it had some kind of polished wheels on it when he bought it. Could be the same car I guess.

And BUMP it back up!!!! Someone buy her, she's sure to please!:biggrin:

I have one serious offer right now, but I'm still on the fence about it. Made a counter offer and haven't heard back. I'm already losing my ass here and I'm still not opposed to the idea of keeping her. I'm not DESPERATE to sell but I AM open to real offers. If I get lowballs I won't even reply though...