Shoulder harnesses in the rear Seat

jlasinski

Has anyone installed shoulder harnesses in the rear seat? I am looking at buying a 1985 GN hot air car to use as a daily driver, but need rear seat shoulder harnesses for the kiddos. Any suggstions? Thanks, John

Why the shoulder harnesses..lap belts no good?
Car that fast?
Are they out of kid seats and or booster chairs?

need more info

One in a car seat that the lap belt will work for, but the other is in a booster, so need a harness.

Ok well I cant help you with that..I only have 1 child and he is 2 so still in a car seat.
Looks like I may be in your shoes later down the line.:eek:
I don't know anything on how booster seats work...Ill cross that hurdle when I get there...sorry I couldn't help any more...:frown:

I have come up with a solution. I purchased a set of shoulder harnesses from Wesco Performance in gray for $65.00 ea. They have the retractor included and I just mounted that on the package tray area. There were some holes already there that I just had to poke thru from underneath and bolted right up. I used the existing mounting points for the other connections. Biggest problem was getting the old seat belt bolts out!

GN Refurb 6.jpgGN Refurb 7.jpgGN Refurb 5.jpg

That actually looks dangerous to me. I wouldn't put my kids in with the belts crossing that high. Maybe I'm just not seeing it right since no one is seated. What I did for my boys was a smaller 4 point and secured the shoulder belts in the trunk. the lap belts secured in the factory seat belt location. Worked like it would work great, fortunately I never had to find out.

Peter

Hello!

I have installed shoulder harnesses in the rear seats for my three buicks, because law in finland demand it.
Once I did use aftermarket kit, other has opel belts from junkyard....