Shooting for 11's stock turbo, can't get the car to go faster......

I'm on a stock D5 and want to keep it that way, the tranny is stock other then a shift kit. Not sure what a T-Brake will do to my 87k mile tranny.

As for suspension, adjustable uppers with a pinion angle set to -3 and preload set to 0 with me in the driver seat. Metco lowers with relocation brackets. Before the relocation brackets, the car would squat alot and produce inconstant shorts (although my best short of a 1.65 was on stock LCA mounting points but was never able to back it up). I have an ATR rear sway bar and will be saving for a H&R bar. No air bag and some Monroe Sensatracs rear shocks (going to go with some QA1's in the near future). I have no sway bar in the front and some QA1 single adjustables set to 3. I run a 275/50 MT ET Street radial with 13 lbs of air cold in them.

Other then the shocks and maybe the H&R bar, not sure how else to dial in the rear suspension. The relocation brackets for the LCA really helped the car squat and I can feel the rear plant better. Also I noticed the shorts we more constant. After looking at the video, the car leaves straight, which tells me the ATR bar is working. The pic below is a 1.69 short.

I could try raising the boost some more, and watch MPH.

Still going to shoot for 100% stock intercooler and weight, just a goal of mine.

I'll probably start porting easy things as I see fit over the summer, (not heads) to see if I can pick up some MPH.

Thanks for all the info.

Doug D

really? what would make a converter not lock up at WOT but locks perfectly on the highway just cruising?

other problem with the trans .. we ran the stock D5s from 86 to 2004 in a fleet of my cars that had a gazillion combined mileage on them :eek: maybe I was just lucky :p NOT :biggrin:
Doug work on the launching like others have said ;)

Have you tried it w/o the plate in place?
Do a plug read, then remove the plate, and see how they look....

dougsfastz,raise the boost in 1st and 2nd gear slightly and raise the timing,leave 3rd alone, loose the wheels,your doing great imo already;)

Run 28" tall tires (275/60's) and put 16-18 psi in them. You should be able to cut 1.65 60 fts and your mph will go up.

Lock the converter on the line, I bet you run 111mph.

Port match the t-body to doghouse, and port the turbo inlet bell/compressor housing out, I bet you run 112mph.

From there, work on that 60ft and you will get your 11 second slip.

Try leaving the boost alone and adding more timing. The race chip I ran in my GN back when it was stock like yours had 28* timing in 1-2, and 27* timing in 3rd....... Always 22-23psi, anymore and MY car fell on its face.............

Good Luck!;)

push the gas harder(sorry i couldn,t resist) your car was pretty consistent saturday, do you have a line lock?

275/60 MT ET Street Radials, they were brand new this weekend. Set to 13 psi cold.

Doug D

In your earlier post you said 275/50's.

The pictures look like flat 50's from the bulge.

You shouldn't need to run only 13 psi. More tire pressure would be less rolling resistance and more height and a higher trap speed.

I shoot for max Mph then whittle down the ET

275/60 MT ET Street Radials, they were brand new this weekend. Set to 13 psi cold.

Doug D

Those tires like more air! I never run less that 18psi in mine, usually 20-22psi and have cut many low 1.60's. Try airing them up and see if it hooks harder. I lock my convertor (stock D5) right after it shifts into second and the car picked up 2 tenths and 3mph. :)

Hi,
You guys are a hoot. As a non drag racer,I am impressed with the stuff I learn,just by reading your posts. I would race for the fun of it, but you guys are serious! Bless you for that, wish my competitive spirit was stronger. Now, let me go find a ricer I can beat up on...

In your earlier post you said 275/50's.

The pictures look like flat 50's from the bulge.

You shouldn't need to run only 13 psi. More tire pressure would be less rolling resistance and more height and a higher trap speed.

I shoot for max Mph then whittle down the ET

The first post was a typo, I do run a 275/60.

I'll try and bring the tire pressure up to 16 and go from there.

I'll also try locking it going into second, see if that helps.

Thanks again guys,

Doug D

Get Stevemon to port your TB to 62MM & make sure the gasket fits properly. I had one gasket that blocked about 1/8" all the way around cuz the hole wasnt big enuf! Plus I would turn up the boost 1 lb to see what happens? Maybe 2 lbs & see what it does? Dont know untill you try it once?

Spray the intercooler with water with a garden sprayer so it is cold to the touch in the staging lanes.

The stock intercooler needs all the help it can get. If you had a big neck, you'd be in the 11's by now.

Im also very new at this tunning, i have alot more than stock, and cant seem to get out the 12s, but this post helps, ive been scared to move things on the car to much for fear ill break it. I know i moved the cam sensor, and gained a half sec.

Spray the intercooler with water with a garden sprayer so it is cold to the touch in the staging lanes.

The stock intercooler needs all the help it can get. If you had a big neck, you'd be in the 11's by now.

Not a bad idea. I've noticed all the guys that have gone 11's have the dutt neck, so I'm just trying something more difficult.

I'll port the TB for sure.

Doug D