Shock Question??

Gbodynutt

I'm looking at getting some drag shocks for my Cutlass and was wondering what you guy's/girl's use on you T/R's and GN's. I'm looking to either get just 90/10 shocks or adjustible ones. O ya it's also street driven. I drive it to the track and around town on the weekends i'm not racing. I've heard conflicting stories about both types of shocks for street and strip use and wanted to get some input from the people that know. Thanks in advance.

On my street car I use KYBs.

On my strip car I use Koni SPA-1s.

For several reasons, all of which folks know but insist on denying, I don't believe in drag shocks for the street...

QA1 Stocker Stars AL. Direct replacements, 12 way externaly adjustable W/ the turn of a knob. Stiffen for the street, then back of for the strip---- best of both worlds except the cost. At $140 ea. there not cheap, just the best. Dropped my 60 fts. from 1.58-1.59 to 1.51-1.52 on 6 psi launches. Brian

Brian...

I'd say the results justified the cost in your case....;)

Hope you and yours had a nice Christmas...

:cool:

Hey Fuelie600, how hard is it to adjust those shocks? Most that i've seen you almost have to take it down to adjust the knob. I could be wrong though. I have those same shocks on the back of my car and was looking at them for the front but wasen't sure if the cost was worth it. I am running 1.59 60's now with my car on the nitrous but I think there is a little more there. I'm hoping that allowing the front end to come up faster and stay up there will help my suspension unloading problem. For those that are interested take a look at this video and see if i'm going in the right direction. http://www.gofastzone.com/movies/81gutlass.mpg
Thanks for the help everyone. Also any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you Mike! Holidays were great.

Bbodynut, What I do is to turn the wheels to full lock so I can reach in and turn the adj. knob with my fingers without having to lay under the car. Takes longer to turn the wheels than to adjust the shocks! Brian

Thanks Fuelie600, I have seen other shocks that are adjustable also and was wondering how hard they are to adjust inside the springs. By the way it's Gbody not Bbody. :D LOL;)

Hey Kevin, there might have been a problem with there site. Sometimes it dosen't want to play videos the first time. I just clicked on it and it worked for me so they could have had a problem.:confused: Check it out when ya get a chance and let me know what ya think.

Since you're considering adj's, I think you should just get them. There is no comparison since they allow you to fine tune the rate of the front end rise. If you get 90/10's then the front end may top out too quickly and unload the rear tires. If this happens then what are you going to do, de-tune the launch? With adj's you can slow the rise and still get traction AND you can have a setting for street and one for track...

Regards
ks:cool: