shifter recommedation

I am thinking of upgrading the shifter on my TTA, I would like to get some type of slap/ratchet shifter. Are there any out there made to fit a TA with minimal modifications?

Thanks Gary

The neatest shifter I have found is the Hurst Dual Gate. It is suppose to fit in console but you will have to cut your shift plate. Go to summitracing the part # is HUU-2920000. Then click on installation instruction and you will see. I'm still deciding also. If you would like to see what this shifter looks like in a GTA go to the cars for sale forum around Dec 4, of this year there is a post that reads (1989 TTA Replica,fake,clone,whatever...) there is some very good pictures there. Looks pretty good to me.

Michael

I just installed a megashifter in my dad's TTA. The only modification was to cut the console plate, so I got another one out of a junk yard.

Just finished and so far I really like it.. Looks good, seems to operate well and should work good with the transbrake :)

After doing research last night the only thing I could find was the Mega shifter. I will look into the dualgate.

Thanks Gary

No offense to those that own 'em, but the absolute LAST thing I'd put in a car is a Megashifter. They are complete garbage, and impossible to use.
You'll never know what friggin gear you are in, if you can even figure out how to get it out of park.
Absolutely the most difficult, impossible to operate shifter I've ever put my hands on.

The neatest shifter I have found is the Hurst Dual Gate. It is suppose to fit in console but you will have to cut your shift plate. Go to summitracing the part # is HUU-2920000. Then click on installation instruction and you will see. I'm still deciding also. If you would like to see what this shifter looks like in a GTA go to the cars for sale forum around Dec 4, of this year there is a post that reads (1989 TTA Replica,fake,clone,whatever...) there is some very good pictures there. Looks pretty good to me.

Michael

That is a nice set up with the Hurst, has anyone ever used one. I would like to know how it works.

Gary

I'll probably be ordering one for the TTA when I find another shift plate. My car has low milage and I don't want to sacrifice the original shift plate. I see no reason it will not work and I think you will like it better than the Megashifter.

Michael