"shaking" in 4th gear

72firebird

I recently had my transmission built by a very well known 200r4 builder. I believe to my fullest that he did an awesome job. However when my car shifts into 4th it is pretty shuttery like if you tap the gas it shakes. It does this about 30% of the time. And then when you let out of the gas it'll shake until it downshifts. I'm not sure if it's the transmission for sure though because I installed a PT51, 42 lbs injectors, Walboro 340, and a 9x11 3000 l/u stall at the same time. Whenever it shakes I can normally hear the car kind of pop. I think it's running rich but I'm not exactley sure. The car pulls good through 1st and 2nd. So if anyone had some insite on whether it's the transmission or if I'm running rich it owuld be greatly appreciated. The chip I have was made for 23-24 psi and I'm running about a peak of 20 right now.

No one has any idea? I might just call the guy who built the transmission and see if he has any ideas.

When in 4th gear and its shaking, very lightly press on the brake and see if it stops. Pressing on the brake slightly should unlock the torque converter. Maybe you can narrow the problem down to that.

Eric

Originally posted by Eric Stage I
When in 4th gear and its shaking, very lightly press on the brake and see if it stops. Pressing on the brake slightly should unlock the torque converter. Maybe you can narrow the problem down to that.

Eric

Still does it when slowing down or coasting. I don't think it does it under acceleration. I'm hoping it's nice out tomorrow ao I can take it out and get a better idea of when it's doing it or not.

Mine did something similar to that and it was the torque convertor solenoid. You can unplug it from the tranny and see if it stops, then you'll know. It should unlock when you ease on the brake or let off the throttle. Mine would only unlock when I touched the brake.

Well I took it out today with the scantool hooked up. I think it's running a little rich O2s are staying in the 800-850 range most of the time in the upper RPM. It only shakes whenever I have been driving for over like 10 minutes. It doesn't do it at first at all. This has me really stumped but the way it shakes it almost seems as if the car is loading up. Kind of like on some manuals when you just let it coast it'll jerk back and forth a little.