shakin

wistleofdeath

the noise in Illinois.
I have a quick question about my car. whenever im at high speed (above 80) my car likes to start to rock side to side, its not too bad but still annoying. When i bought the car it was missing a front swaybar. Would a front swaybar help at all? Another thing i have airbags and i was wondering what air pressure other people run to give me a ballpark to start in.

Thanks

Andy

Do you mean like a shake or like swaying side to side...If it's shaking then it could be wheel bearings, or tires, or possably alignment, but alignment is kinda doubtful...if it's swaying then I'm not sure what to tell you, sway bar would probably help.

it sways back and fourth thoes bowlinggreen recaps are kinda tall and soft do you think that would have anything to do with it

Oh yes I do...Didn't know you had some recaps...what you are experiancing is like driving around with wrinkle wall tires (slicks)...You need a good set or radials...Even pep boys tires are better then that.

i kinda had a feeling that the recaps where the problem. but i just wanted to see if anyoe elese had that prblem just to make shure that i did'nt have a bad part. I really don't wanna repace thoes tires they hook up real weel on the street and i 60' in the 1.9sec with them. thanks alot for the advice

Andy

I tell ya what though...Tires are always money well spent, you can never maximize your combo without them...if you want good 60'...by slicks and different rims, or drag radials...It's in what you're looking for, but it'll always feel like it does now if you run soft sidewalls, but if short times are more important then stick to what you have or some d.o.t. slicks...drag radials work pretty well and you don't have the "swaying".

I went 1.70 on BFG TAs 275/50 /15 once aired down to 20psi with VHT traction stuff on them .

Just bought a set of slicks today:cool: now i guess my next question is how streetable are the bfg drag radials as far as tread life (assumeing that you don't burn your tires every chance you get:D )

Thanks

Andy

Just bought a set of slicks today:cool: now i guess my next question is how streetable are the bfg drag radials as far as tread life (assumeing that you don't burn your tires every chance you get:D )

Thanks

Andy

I had a set of the BFG drag radials too , they lasted about 3mos. with a trip or two , to the track . I didnt think they hooked so great in the street to justify the short life in them . As a mater of fact they didnt work so great at the track either for me but the track was pretty not hooking for anyone even slicked cars . :rolleyes: Forget about MT pro sportsman they lasted even less , they did look real cool though , Im running 275/60/15s now and am happy with them , they seem to hook nice on the street to , i havent got to the track this year so who knows what the 60ft would be .