SG1 NEW factory shortblock for sale in FL

83olds383

I have a NEW 87 turbo buick shortblock still in the original crate for sale...I am forced to sell to get another car running...I will be going to the World Street Nationals so I can bring it there if interested....call me at 904-219-9569 thanks ANDY

I have seen this block in person..It is prestine...Great deal for someone.:eek:

Not to be argumentative, but the owner said the block is still in the crate. If it is, it's covered inside the crate and you can't see the block. So if you say it's pristine, then it had to be out of the crate at some time. So, it was taken out and put back in without the wrap. Just a heads up.

turbo, what he meant was it is in just like New condition...it is still on the pallet that it came on and I put the block in a new engine bag from JEGS...and it does have the gray rust preventative on it and some paper sitting on the lifter valley...I put it in a new bag to seal it from any humidity even though it was kept inside...

Not to be argumentative, but the owner said the block is still in the crate. If it is, it's covered inside the crate and you can't see the block. So if you say it's pristine, then it had to be out of the crate at some time. So, it was taken out and put back in without the wrap. Just a heads up.

Yes, I have seen the block as it was on a shipping crate inside of a bag. He removed it from the bag so I could take a closer look at the blocks condition. Have you seen this short block? I doubt it so, don't bring your skepticism into this ad. TTT for a nice piece.

Yes, I have seen the block as it was on a shipping crate inside of a bag. He removed it from the bag so I could take a closer look at the blocks condition. Have you seen this short block? I doubt it so, don't bring your skepticism into this ad. TTT for a nice piece.

I wasn't going to say anything more but since you brought it up.....If it's a crate engine then it's in the crate. If you have seen the block then it's not in the crate. I worked for a dealer and if the crate was opened or the bag removed, the engine could not technically be sold or called a crate engine. It was called an "opened crate engine...a pallet engine...a standing bagged block...and a few others, but not A CRATE ENGINE...CRATES WERE STACKED AND UNOPENED".

Just making sure someone doesn't get mislead into thinking it's a REAL IN THE CRATE NEVER OPENED ENGINE...ETC. ETC. I'll take your word for it that it's a nice piece, but the crate has been opened, SO IT'S NOT A NOS...IN THE CRATE ENGINE. No skepticism involved...just facts. Have a good one!

I wasn't going to say anything more but since you brought it up.....If it's a crate engine then it's in the crate. If you have seen the block then it's not in the crate. I worked for a dealer and if the crate was opened or the bag removed, the engine could not technically be sold or called a crate engine. It was called an "opened crate engine...a pallet engine...a standing bagged block...and a few others, but not A CRATE ENGINE...CRATES WERE STACKED AND UNOPENED".

Just making sure someone doesn't get mislead into thinking it's a REAL IN THE CRATE NEVER OPENED ENGINE...ETC. ETC. I'll take your word for it that it's a nice piece, but the crate has been opened, SO IT'S NOT A NOS...IN THE CRATE ENGINE. No skepticism involved...just facts. Have a good one!

Ok..Just to clarify since you seem to have taken quite an interest in this thread. The engine is a brand new SG1 shortblock that when I looked at the block it was secured and covered on a shipping crate. Maybe he used the word "Crate Engine" as a generic term. I can assure you this is a 100 % genuine unused short block assembled and purchased from GM. If you would like to discuss the differences in opinion please start your own thread. If anyone needs more details please contact Andy as he is the owner of the block. Back on topic..

block pics

Short block for sale..

Attachments

• sg1.JPG
    sg1.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 548
  • sg11.JPG
    sg11.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 538
  • sg111.JPG
    sg111.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 545
  • Jen's_Pictures_11-2008145.JPG
    Jen's_Pictures_11-2008145.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 547
  • Jen's_Pictures_11-2008146.JPG
    Jen's_Pictures_11-2008146.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 531
Interested In Any Trades?

I'M IN LAKE CITY, FLORIDA, AND I WILL BE AT THE TURKEY ROD RUN PROBABLY SATURDAY, ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ANY TRADES? DO YOU NEED ANY PARTS? PARTIAL TRADES? LET EM KNOW, THANKS, JOHN LYNN...clusolynn@excite.com OR 386-719-6814
:smile:

clusolynn, I gave you a call today....I really need the money so I can get my tranny from CK...but I am curious what you have to trade.thanks

what is it, off-center on-center???? would you take any trades???? i know its a good price, but whats the lowest you will go on it..... thanks......

Royal 6, the least ill take is $2,700+shipping...if you are close(in FL) I can meet halfway. thanks