Sfi Cam Sync

dhegge

Guys,

I believe that this question was asked before, but I did not find a suitable answer. I was wondering what the dashboard CAM SYNC value is used for. I have an SFI ECU the CAM SYNC always shows up as a RED 0.

I also have ICC which does not seem to work no matter what I try I can't get the ECU to pull timing out of any of the selected cylinders. I am wondering if the SYNC may be the problem?

The motor runs great! So I am assuming that I am synced properly or perhaps it really does not matter as long as adequate fuel is present when the Intake valve opens?

Could someone please explain the functionality to me.... thanks in advance,

Doug

The cam sync sensor should be a 1 if a valid cam signal is being received by the ECU. Older versions of ECU firmware don't support this sensor. If you look in the ECU configuration next time you are online, find the firmware revision and tell me what you see. I'll let you know if this sensor will work or not.

The ICC stuff not working would be something I would actually attribute to the way some of the newer firmware works though. We had found that when people had a substantial amount of correction on any given cylinder or even a few of them, it really made the car idle poorly. So what we did to fix that was make the ICC stuff work only when the TPS was above the maximum TPS for idle threshold. You might want to double check that; as long as the IC icon appears in C-Com, that's the only reason it wouldn't work. Even without a cam sensor hooked up, ICC works for fuel changes. Each cylinder is hardwired directly to the ECU on a specific pin so there's no guessing about where a certain cylinder is. ICC on the ignition side is where having a cam sync is critical.

Firmware IAC_F. I have checked the off idle TPS etc... but nothing seems to make the ignition/timing ICC function correctly so perhaps it is this sensor?

Please advise if I need a firmware upgrade and if so what I need. Thanks in advance.

Doug