Setup Criticism

project hot air

Just got her started.Fired up the instant i turned the key.:p.Will swap out the ecm tomorrow,add the powerlogger and maf sensor AND NEW tt CHIP ARRIVED AS WELL...Still need the turbo replaced but i threw it on now just to see how it runs...Made a real slick oil primer...Took a drill bit extension..inserted a tip that was straight edge..found a perfect sleeve and oil was pumping thru the new oil lines and throughout the block.in no time.Now I can start getting the this dialed in.As far as the interior all I have to do is finish removing the old window tint and reinstall door panels and this car is ready to go.New paint should be cured by now...As far as adopting im 41 so thats probably not going to happen:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC_0536.jpg
    DSC_0536.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0547.jpg
    DSC_0547.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 118
project hot air

Already got one made..will install it in next day or so...getting ready to call you with a QUESTION.....GOT powerlogger in the mat 3bar sensor is much diffrent then caspers --has 3 wires only see where two would go on the ecm?

project hot air

Definately helped....Got the car running yesterday but many issues.........The powerlogger is great..Took out the car today..boost wasnt reading but i forgot to also do the added wiring at the ecm for the new 3bar sensor i installed...easy fix.......next was the smoke out the exaust and valve covers,....it was like a smoke screen when stepping on the gas ......It did this before i tore it down......Then it started getting more and more clear as i drove ..must have had ALOT of moisture in the pipes........So then i drove around some more and the turbo sounds great and has a nice sound and no smoke out pipes.....Now why all the blowby??? The cylinders looked great ,no ridge rings either........I need to add a real oil pressure guage...Im thinking TOO much oil pressure or fifteen other things..Did some research and im hoping either an intake sealing issue or something along that line...Temp doesnt get to hot 199 after a few quick jots down the road.Did notice the powerlogge tack was alot lower than what the factory tack was reading....I bet the powerlogger was correct......the o2 guage was up and down alot....i did record it so ill try to figure out how to send to you....Cant wait to get this steam from coming out the breather.....Injectors,chip all ran performed well..Get the TA33-alky and hot wire in and i bet this car will be fun...I even set up the HD camcorder at the passenger headrest to record....It ran 100 times better than it ever did.....Any suggestions or other things i may test....Lost about 1 gallon of water but im thinking air in system...oh yeah..I did remove the cooling lines from the throttle body..i figured that was a chance for water to get into the system..Also it was a like new unit,not the original one but i just wasnt to happy knowing water ran anywhere near incoming air,fuel mixture..

project hotair

ZNIX===I could use someo0ne to cut the grass but ...no you cant have the keys to the car..I have done many of the same modifications you listed you wanted...You will doing all the same things..make sure you get the powerlogger..it is awesome...the ecm swap was a breeze.....Brents advise was awesome....ill keep you posted on the other things i have planned for this car. ...Maybe add delta gate and eliminate the turbo elbow,,,custom headers and im sure many of the great suggestions Brent sends my way...

Suggestions are just that. I try to help as much as i can and tell people the way "I" would do things if i could do it over. Also from many years of swaping crap parts out, I think im starting to find out what works and what doesn't. Anyways i am always here if you guys have questions or need advice.

Now why all the blowby??? The cylinders looked great ,no ridge rings either........Cant wait to get this steam from coming out the breather.....Lost about 1 gallon of water but im thinking air in system...I did remove the cooling lines from the throttle body....

Ok lets start with the above.

Throttle Body coolant lines. Great Job, That will help alot. No need for them

About a gallon of coolant, probley air pocket like you said, just keep and eye on it.

As for the blowby, video tape it. how much are we talking? is there alot hot or cold? I would start a new post in the general forum about this. I wouldn't want to throw this post off track. Looking forward to seeing the new post.

Also zip the powerlogger file and upload it on here like a picture. if you want you can also email it to me and i will take a look

project hot air

Brent---Many many issues.......ill start a new post on that topic ..

ZNIX===I could use someo0ne to cut the grass but ...no you cant have the keys to the car..I have done many of the same modifications you listed you wanted...You will doing all the same things..make sure you get the powerlogger..it is awesome...the ecm swap was a breeze.....Brents advise was awesome....ill keep you posted on the other things i have planned for this car. ...Maybe add delta gate and eliminate the turbo elbow,,,custom headers and im sure many of the great suggestions Brent sends my way...

Ill cut your grass.. But you have to let me sit in the GNX :D.