Servo spring broken, anything else to look for?

GS70350

Round Headlights.Like em?
Im about to build a OG transmission for the GS and i was planning on swapping it in next week. I got a shift kit from Chris about a year ago and im finally getting around to doing everything. Ive got the line bias spring installed and the accumulator spring installed in the valvebody and have reinstalled it onto the trans. I dont know the condition of the transmission since its from a junkyard but its "guaranteed" to work.

I pulled the servo out to put in the stocker out of my Ttype, and when i pulled it out i noticed that the purple spring was broken halfway up and is now in two pieces. This probably means that the servo isnt applying the proper pressure to the band and now the 2nd gear band is fried or something.

Should i put the gn servo in and get everything back together and see if it works or go through the whole thing?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me the job of the large spring found in the servo? I saw that art carr removes this spring altogether making me think that it might not have caused other problems when it broke in my trans. Id like to get it back together and running for the time being and start gathering parts such as a brf valve body and governor for a future rebuild.

its an intermediate spring cushion, some remove it to try and firm up the 1-2 shift, but they usually use washers in place of the spring, so im not sure if it may have hurt the band or not. If you really don't want to take a chance just take her down to the band and replace it and slap it all back together.

Yea i think im gonna take it down and replace the band and stuff. Going to order some rebuild parts soon as well as Chris's manual.

Attachments

• DSCF0198 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0198 (Small).JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 83