Service shops in the Boston area

tmclaugh

I'm looking at purchasing a GN but I'm trying to figure our servicing it. My current car I've just brought to the dealer for routine oil maintenance (oil changes , etc.) and inspections. With purchasing the GN that won't be the case anymore. Cars aren't my forte and even if I could do maintenance on my own I live in a small apartment in Boston and my car will live in a parking garage several blocks away so it's not really even practical. I know about CDS in Lowell and Conton's in Agawam but those are too far away for basics. Any suggestions for places nearby to me?

tom

not to be a dick here but....... if you cant work on your car and dont feel like driving it a 1/2 hour to a hour to get someone that is competent to work on it perhaps a diffrent type of car would be better for you.

Drive to me in Plympton lol. I can do most things in my garage.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

not to be a dick here but....... if you cant work on your car and dont feel like driving it a 1/2 hour to a hour to get someone that is competent to work on it perhaps a diffrent type of car would be better for you.

Agawam is about 1.5 hours away and Lowell is close to an hour in the morning. I currently take my car about an hour away but they at least have wifi so I don't have to take time from work since I can do what I need from the waiting area.

Agawam is about 1.5 hours away and Lowell is close to an hour in the morning. I currently take my car about an hour away but they at least have wifi so I don't have to take time from work since I can do what I need from the waiting area.
So bring your car there and drop it off . It's a nearly 30 year old car that not too many knew much about when new now all these years later with probably several owners later and god knows who did what I wouldn't take it to anybody but somebody who specializes. Or option 2 is go down to sears and buy about $500 in tools and get brave enough to work on it your self . Znick above is about 18-19 now I'm guessing he joined here when he was about 15 so if a kid can do it why not you ? These shops probably make about $80 a hour and I know I could take 3 times as long and still save money.its not like a Gn would be your only car and you would need it the next day for work. There are no real secrets on this forum and everybody is willing to help problem solve. There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to fix all kinds of things.

So bring your car there and drop it off . It's a nearly 30 year old car that not too many knew much about when new now all these years later with probably several owners later and god knows who did what I wouldn't take it to anybody but somebody who specializes. Or option 2 is go down to sears and buy about $500 in tools and get brave enough to work on it your self . Znick above is about 18-19 now I'm guessing he joined here when he was about 15 so if a kid can do it why not you ? These shops probably make about $80 a hour and I know I could take 3 times as long and still save money.its not like a Gn would be your only car and you would need it the next day for work. There are no real secrets on this forum and everybody is willing to help problem solve. There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to fix all kinds of things.

I live in downtown Boston. Car will be driven about 2-4 times a month. Dropping a car off in Lowell isn't practical. Much of the people I know here don't even own cars. So leaving my mode of transportation there will not readily work.

As for me doing the work, again I live in downtown Boston. The car will live in my parking garage. There is no place for me to keep a large let of tools or work on it if I could. I'm looking for a place to take care of basic things like oil changes, brake replacements, etc. Not looking for a place to do things like engine upgrades or whatever else.

My offer was 100% serious. I am about 45 minutes from Boston (Plymouth area) depending on how you drive. I have a lift and pretty much any tool you need.. I also have the know-how on doing most of the work on these cars. Bring the car down on a weekend, and we can wrench on it and shoot the shit. Bring your own beer though because as ttaowner said, I am only 19 haha. I like to help when I can. I do have wifi at my house lol.

Then again it's still only an almost 30 yr old internal combustion car...no not too many people can work on them lol....Mike

Well, looks like Lowell while still far is closer than where I take my current car. Also looks like CDS is an active board member which makes me more comfortable.

Meh, I should probably get a hotspot anyways for mobile work.