service engine on not blinking

wastedgate

Hey guys, like your board dudes!! I have an 87 GN and when i try my scanner, no communication, i tried the old jump wire between a&b, nothing. I checked my fuses for the ecm all ok. Might it be the ecm that is bad?? Where is it located on this model??

The ECM is behind the pass. kick panel. Does the car run? There's an orange wire near the battery that is the power for the ECM.

the car runs but breaks up when boost starts to build, also the tach is pegged all the time(no tach signal?)misfires through intake which tells me theres a timing issue. Took the ecm out, has a jegs chip in it but can't find stock. ordered an ecm from napa but prom doesn't come with it. Anyone know where I can get one stock?? Thanks for your replys

Tach and boost LED gauge failure is a
common problem with these cars and is nothing that can affect how the engine/computer runs to my knoweledge. My car has both of them pegged all the way up but I use mechanical/electrical gauges to read RPM/boost. I'd take the car to Autozone to have them read you out the codes. I also have a code reader that would not comunicate with my son's car computer but Autozone got me the codes with theirs. Maybe it's not compatible. When u did the bridge accross the a/b, was the ignition in the "on" position?

Check the bulb. Common problem for bulbs to lose their connection in the cluster.
Key on, not started, the bulb should blink, then stay on.

As for the tach/boost, that can be repaired - check Caspers.

Your dash gauges will probably need a resistor replaced that costs pennies on the dollar. I got me a good vacuum/boost gauge and a good tach instead. But that's me.
How did the misfiring start? Had it parked for a while? I'd lean towards a bad MAF but need more info on what happened.