server busy?

Yeah I have the same problem.... Maybe there is too many members for this server??
:confused:

I actually had the same problem at 1 A.M. in the morning while i was at work-----what was i supp. to do---work or something?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Geoff

This happens because night is prime time for the server, and it gets hit pretty hard then. The message some of you get is a means that the board software is keeping the server from getting too overloaded. It is not anything that will make the server crash necessarily so don't start getting all nervous about that. It is just a safety mechanism.

Unfortunately, this could become a real problem for the enjoyment of the board. In order for this to be fixed we will have to upgrade the server, which we cannot afford at this time. From our calculations, the new server will cost quite a bit monthly and to pay for it, we will have to find no less than four new permanent advertisers to cover the cost. Turbo Buick advertisers are few and far between and we don't exactly have enough as it is.

We'll do what we can.

With all the computer guys on this board, Jason shouldnt have to worry about how he is gonna get a new server to keep the board running well. Jason could you shoot me a mail and let me know the specs on what is needed, so maybe we can help out? Or would it be better to just hit the donate button??

Originally posted by striker_29
With all the computer guys on this board, Jason shouldnt have to worry about how he is gonna get a new server to keep the board running well. Jason could you shoot me a mail and let me know the specs on what is needed, so maybe we can help out?

I wish it was that simple. We use a business-class hosting company in Florida. The servers are there, we do not have access to them physically. I don't think we can buy a server and put it in there. I'd have to ask Frezza about that, I don't handle that postion of the site so I know very little about that situation.

Or would it be better to just hit the donate button??

That always helps but is only for those who REALLY want to donate. It is not demanded or expected. Thanks!

Unfortunately, this could become a real problem for the enjoyment of the board. In order for this to be fixed we will have to upgrade the server, which we cannot afford at this time. From our calculations, the new server will cost quite a bit monthly and to pay for it, we will have to find no less than four new permanent advertisers to cover the cost. Turbo Buick advertisers are few and far between and we don't exactly have enough as it is.

I would love to help out, why isnt the TB merchandise section up and running yet? I asked about this a while ago, I would buy some stickers and banners and stuff but that section always says under construction. OR.......maybe we should seriously look into a membership fee, nothing outrageous, but a small fee. I know the DodgeDakota board has a fee, somthing to think about.

Originally posted by Yedi
I would love to help out, why isnt the TB merchandise section up and running yet?

Because we have an issue that needs to work itself out. It is completely out of our hands.

I asked about this a while ago, I would buy some stickers and banners and stuff but that section always says under construction.

Not always, just for now. We only made a buck or so off each item.

OR.......maybe we should seriously look into a membership fee, nothing outrageous, but a small fee. I know the DodgeDakota board has a fee, somthing to think about.

Absolutely not. If people want to pay to use this site, they can donate but under no circumstances will we FORCE people to pay to use this site. The ony situation that would happen is if it were a "life and death" situation of the site, which I don't think will happen.

Hopefully the weather will be getting warmer and been wanting to purchase some shirts. Is there anyone I can get in touch with for the TurboBuick shirts?
Thanks
Tarey D.

I get it to,

Jason you should get us a price for a all new chat room and new server. I would kick in a few bucks for it as i am sure others would to. :)

I've got the server busy messages set in place so we don't completely over-load the server during peak times at night time.

I went ahead and ordered a large memory upgrade in the server today. This should be in today or tomorrow and hopefully we won't have to deal with anymore server busy messages for another year or so :)

Originally posted by ChrisFrez
I went ahead and ordered a large memory upgrade in the server today. This should be in today or tomorrow and hopefully we won't have to deal with anymore server busy messages for another year or so :)

Cool. This will keep up from having to do a complete server upgrade.

If you guys really appreicate this site and haven't yet donated to it and wish to, you can do so here:
http://www.turbobuick.com/donate/
This will help us pay for the memory upgrade.

Remember, donating is 100% voluntary. NO ONE is expected nor demanded to donate, but every little but helps.

Just sent some internet $$$.

Make sure you get that real good DDT memory. :)

Kills trolls with one application and works really fast. ;)