sensors gone wild!

jdub

I just spent a day at my brothers installing a stock ported plenium and intake. A ported throttle body from our friend Steve Monroe. 60 # injectors matching TT chip car runs great. Drove by from NJ into Brooklyn NY. The car was running like a demon. As I near home at the first stop light she starts hunting at idle. The iac and tps numbers off the charts. Tps was at different numbers 3.45 etc. IAC was crazy also 75 100 at another time. She was surging at the light. I finally get to my rented garage scratching my head with the car in park looking at my scan master at the crazy numbers. I proceded to open the hood to see what the hell was going on. Didn't see much it was dark on the street. I poked around to see if there was any vacum lines off, there were none. I disconnected the tps plug got mal 22. I plugged her back in the car returned to normal iac back to 23 tps 46. I was to tired to dig deeper so I put her away. Hoping if anyone had a similar situation they like to share. Hopefully shes back to normal cross my fingers.

Did you tighten the IC hose's good? Make sure that air isnt getting in after the MAS (vac leak). Maybe try and reset the ecu by disconnecting the orange with that goes to the comp.

I just spent a day at my brothers installing a stock ported plenium and intake. A ported throttle body from our friend Steve Monroe. 60 # injectors matching TT chip car runs great. Drove by from NJ into Brooklyn NY. The car was running like a demon. As I near home at the first stop light she starts hunting at idle. The iac and tps numbers off the charts. Tps was at different numbers 3.45 etc. IAC was crazy also 75 100 at another time. She was surging at the light. I finally get to my rented garage scratching my head with the car in park looking at my scan master at the crazy numbers. I proceded to open the hood to see what the hell was going on. Didn't see much it was dark on the street. I poked around to see if there was any vacum lines off, there were none. I disconnected the tps plug got mal 22. I plugged her back in the car returned to normal iac back to 23 tps 46. I was to tired to dig deeper so I put her away. Hoping if anyone had a similar situation they like to share. Hopefully shes back to normal cross my fingers.

ive had the same crazy #'s occur just with a MAF reading and the problem was solved by just unplugging it and then plugging it back in... i would guess that the IAC was reacting to the TPS signal goin crazy! hth

Tps too hi? Could cause fueling to be whacked, as the ecm no longer sees the engine as idling....

had too

I was sitting around at work today thinking about my sensor gone wild situation. I just took of work early just to kill the curious cat. I was leaning toward the tps sensor for when I unplugged it and plugged it back in it settled the engine. So she was in a hard start condition. I had to give it gas to start up at this point engine running amok. tps and iac numbers out of control. So here I go off to the parts store. After hitting a few to find the sensors. I installed the tps sensor and she starts right up. I precede to adjust the iac and tps. Happy end closed the hood in the sunset.