Sellout musicians and the cars they whore for...a rant

Welby

Dream on. A song that I've always loved, but now that Aerosmith has sold out to Buick, I can't stand it. I keep getting some lame ass Buick Lacrosse pounded into my brain as "The car I've been dreaming about". Please. Dream on? No, you dream on if you think anyone is going to give a sh*t about the Lacrosse, mmmkkkaaaayyy. If I'm dreaming, it's because merely looking at that car has put me to sleep.
It was on the radio this morning, and all I felt was irritation. Way to go guys. Sell a classic song to help promote a horrendously boring, blatant Lexus GS ripoff. Good job. Real inspired bunch there....

Notice any similarites? Shaaaaaaaa...

gslc1fi.jpg

And Aerosmith....blow me. You too Led Zepplin. Thanks for turning great classics into nothing more than junk advertisements. Car companies hope that they can reach the aging "rock n' roll" generation by luring them with songs they fondly remember, but to me, all it does is cause a nagging itch, pained facial expressions and some irritated foot shuffling.

*Off the soapbox* :D :p

two words

satallite radio!

no commercials!

listen to the same station from your house to mine.

public radio with 3 mins of music and 15 min. of the same commericals is soon going to be a thing of the past.

Re: two words

Originally posted by LV GN
satallite radio!

no commercials!

listen to the same station from your house to mine.

public radio with 3 mins of music and 15 min. of the same commericals is soon going to be a thing of the past.

I was just telling my wife yesterday that I think I'm going to satellite this summer. We get the Sirius channels at home on Dish Network, and it's awesome. I gotta get the car hooked up now :D

....not to mention Chevy prostituting a theretofore great song: 'Like A Rock'. I'm feelin' your vibe, man.

Um - I hate to burst anyones bubble but, ALL recording artist are essential "sell outs". If their not, it's because no one is buying.

They record the music to sell it - their job is to essentially sell their music therefore, be marketable...otherwise, they would just sit and play quietly by them selves.

Chances have it, they made more money licensing the music to GM then they did on the entire sales of the album.

It is every musicians dream to be a "sell out"

The champion (read:genius of marketing) is MOBY - he licensed his last album over 500 times...

But have you seen thr Lacrosse commercial wheren awesome brunette walks towards it in a bathrobe. She then drops the robe and sits inside. Hot hot hot.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
....not to mention Chevy prostituting a theretofore great song: 'Like A Rock'. I'm feelin' your vibe, man.

Actually Bob Segar is a HUGE Chevy fan, He has a very good relationship with them and he GAVE them the song to use for FREE
Mike

eh maybe im getting older (21;) ) but i like the LaCrosse. Pretty good looking car

With the 400 HP CTS-V and the new 440 HP STS-V coming out soon, Led Zepplin can be completely forgiven for selling out.

They aint trying to sell Asstek's or Volvos or Honda Accords.

There is one Volvo that I would like to have. the 850 T5r. Believe around a 95 model. Kinda like the GN's. Surprisngly fast 5 cyl turbo. Cant remember the specs but they are cool in my book. Sedan or Wagon. Real sleepers.

A few years back Aerosmith was doing the music for Chevy..Part of the deal was that each member of the group got a brand new just out that year ZO-6 Corvette... A couple of them ended up at Corvette Mikes,autographed.... I understand that a few of them buy and sell alot of real nice cars through there..

If a major corporation offered you $$$$$$ for one of your tunes, would you do it? Just remember: IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Any and all commercials are nothing more than glorified PIMP JOBS!

Originally posted by Mike Licht
Actually Bob Segar is a HUGE Chevy fan, He has a very good relationship with them and he GAVE them the song to use for FREE
Mike
Thanks, that definitely sheds a new light on that.

I don't think the LaCrosse is bad looking at all. I sat in one and the fit and finish is pretty darn nice. Same goes for Pontiac's G6. Finally GM is starting to do better with the interiors.

Lacrosse = ugly, boring... generally just blah

and the commercials on every 5 minutes are getting on my nerves. They are trying to make a rental car look cool. Not working.

Wow, you give them too much credit. It can't compare it to the GS cars at all. First time I saw one at the local Buick dealer I had to ask myself, why do they have a Taurus parked up front with all the new Buicks? Set a late 90's Taurus right next to a La Crosse and you will see what I mean.
I guess since Ford stopped making the Taurus, Buick figured they could use the style.

Originally posted by jpratt
But have you seen thr Lacrosse commercial wheren awesome brunette walks towards it in a bathrobe. She then drops the robe and sits inside. Hot hot hot.
Darn! I missed that part. The car put me to sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ