Selling cars on Ebay

EMcNeice

Anyone ever sell there GN or other vehicle on Ebay? I am moving accross country and really need money. Other option would be to let my GN sit at my folks house in MA.. too nice of a car to let sit for a few years... outside. Thinkin about putting it on Ebay... anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. I bought it in 1999 for $12,500 and have well over 12k into it. Looking for AT LEAST $11,000.

Beware the buyer you sell to. I havent sold a car on ebay but I have sold car parts and factory radios.

I take pictures of everything before I ship it to verify it either works or is complete. I had a person send me pictures back showing stuff missing and asking for their money back but want to keep the product. I sent them dated pictures back showing the items complete and that shut them up.

Also put it in BOLD that you will only allow shipping in the 48 states and that the buyer is responsible for shipping. I got shafted on that once and had to eat shipping a 15 pound package to Puerto Rico.

If you do that and take a million pictures showing your car and have your insurance agent verify the car is in the condition its in you shouldnt have a problem. Even if the buyer wants to back out and get his money back you have the pictures and a witness to prove the car condition at sale.

Just put AS IS in the ad too. No warranty implied or promised.

In addition to the things Whut said I would also write that you require a $2000 non refundable deposit within like 48 hours of the close of the auction and the rest due within 5 days of end. That way you're not sitting around waiting and wondering if the buyer will ever pay.

FWIW & IMHO:
Specify how long you will keep the car before buyer pick-up or it is to be shipped, (paid for by the buyer).
Specify a disclaimer that the car is advertised locally in trade publications and that you reserve the right to cancel the auction at any time.

Consign it where I work part time.
www.carrollstauto.com
Call first as we always may not have room. He may even buy it.. Again Call JEFF & tell him Steve sent you.

OR
take the GN with you.

OR
I have sold & bought a few cars on Ebay. I would make it a regonal sale under BOSTON.
Most of the stuff bought or sold via EB I went to look at in person or had people come look at the car. I did dell one to OAKY HOMA
I took photos of any problems that car had.

Long distance selling is a hassle. You need to tell the truth about your car. As mentioned above Document & Photograph all areas of your car.

Ok, thanks for the info guys! Steve, i may consider that first option, where is this lot located? I would prefer to sell it locally and perferably to someone who knows a thing or two about TR's. I just want to sell it quick before i change my mind!!

Eric that place is in Manchester NH.
Please remember he may not pay you retail but he may be very close.

Call & e-mail photos to them 1st before driving up.