Sellers Beware!!!!

In all honesty, get a hold of local news investigative reporter (talk to them personally), and even try to get a hold of national, they love to heat up big companies who think they are above it all.

UPS will suck it up in no time, they don't want tarnish, the last thing in this economy they need is national bad press.

UPS has a clause in the Waybill stating shipper and or receiver all responsible for all charges..This is according to the Phone Jockey I talked to.. They also stated it would affect my credit rating.

I disagree with you on this.

I was buying a product and the company was charging me some huge shipping fee. I call my gf and tell her the shipping fee. My gf works for a company that does alot of shipping and she checks the fee. She then give me her company's UPS account and tells me to have them charge her account. And I just gave her the money for the shipping charges. The company that I ordered the part from was pissed :cool: . I guess they couldn't make a profit on shipping.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Like I said, that's fine, but if something goes wrong are you now responsible for it? So I guess now, your girlfriend could refuse payment of the shipping charges, but accept your product. Then you can put the responsibility back on the company who shipped it. Sounds like a great plan to me, because that is exactly what happened here to spongeboob. That's why I made the statement that if UPS is going to put the responsibility back on the shipper, they should require that the shipper must use their own UPS account. I agree that sometimes it works out, especially in your situation to save you some money, but there's always the possiblity that something goes wrong, and then UPS has to blame someone :biggrin: .

Still nothing from him..no response..no nothing Here's his Contact Info in case he tries to bone someone else
Ernesto Leon
URB ...Bellomonte Avenue.. Puerto Rico .. Zip Code 00969.. Phone...(787) 698-3033 ... fax number (617) 507-6536 ........... Email eleon1999@yahoo.com UPS Acct. # 5W9F10

not all foreign board members give problems. I have had excellent dealings with Jan Larsson from England & josefigue from Puerto Rico. there is NO WAY I would have sent ANYTHING to a member that only has 22 posts, been a member for less than 1 year & is not in the states, without being paid first!! I would also be VERY hesitant to use there account, because there is way to much fraud going on these days, you never know. it is just called using some common sense.

there is NO WAY I would have sent ANYTHING to a member that only has 22 posts, been a member for less than 1 year & is not in the states, without being paid first!! I would also be VERY hesitant to use there account, because there is way to much fraud going on these days, you never know. it is just called using some common sense.

that was the red flag I saw right away . works better for them when they are the seller:rolleyes: .. come in with 10 posts and advertise a common part like a nice THDP for $350 . Oh its brand new and my car got stolen or wrecked and I have no need for it .. I sit back and watch :p

i believe he said that he was paid and that the guy just boned ups on his shipping account

not all foreign board members give problems. I have had excellent dealings with Jan Larsson from England & josefigue from Puerto Rico. there is NO WAY I would have sent ANYTHING to a member that only has 22 posts, been a member for less than 1 year & is not in the states, without being paid first!! I would also be VERY hesitant to use there account, because there is way to much fraud going on these days, you never know. it is just called using some common sense.

Ditto... I was thinking the same exact thing when I first started reading this post. I hate to say it but sometimes I will research a members past posts to get a feel for who I'm dealing with before I buy/sell parts to that member. Let's face it for every 9 guys on this board who are strait up to deal with there is that one that is either never satisfied with a product, trying to scheister you down, or flat out steal your money... lately I find myself buying more new stuff from the vendors to prevent getting screwed... as the saying goes " spend an extra buck now to save two later".... :D

I have sold parts to people all over the world, and i always check feedback and past posts. I talked to the guy on the phone 5-6 times and he emailed regularly about how things were going with the parts he was looking for. He also sent a deposit through Paypal when I was putting all the parts together for him. I didn't worry about sending the packages through UPS using his Acct. I had no idea he could refuse the shipping charges. Live and Learn I guess. It's easy to say could have, should have , would have.

Sometime within the past year, I sold/shipped (USPS tho) Ernesto Leon some GN manuals he won via EBay--but received/cashed his Money Order payment first... I realize this situation is VERY DIFFERENT from yours though. USPS shipping/mailing costs to Puerto Rico are very similar to those on US mainland.

I/we have learned a valuable lesson here--unfortunately at spongebob's expense (so far), however,,,

I Hate using UPS for shipping but sometimes have to. Packages are allways filthy and banged up. Have to triple pack parts when I do use them just so they survive the trip.
CNBC aired a clip repeatedly a year or so back showing this big black guy drag a box off the back of the UPS truck & let it fall to the pavement, then he kicks the box a few times up on to the hand truck and wheels it away. LOL!
I recieved a smashed package from UPS one time that had tire tread marks & was soaking wet, missing part of contents. Just left it at door & didn't even nock or ring bell, I was home all day.:rolleyes:

This might be a little off but I am getting where I want to see the guys face I got a laptop off a guy that has been on here for a long time, Has lot of Buick friends and as honest as the day is long, I paid him paypal, When I got it didn't have what he said it did, It was one of them I thought it was in the box, No problem will ship first thing in the morning real sorry about this, Week later, Oh Sh*t didn't I send that where is my mind you can count on it going out today, Two weeks later, Oh hell my tranny went out of the Buick and my mind has been out will send it out first thing in the morning you can count on it, From then on no word from him at all, I am the kind of guy that your word means everything, I can see what it would be like working with a guy over seas

Food for thought here...

Spongeboob, did you sign anything when shipping that you were responsble if the receivers account was not paid? I imagine not. Secondly, if UPS accepted the account as a good standing account, then the burden is on UPS and the receiver to prove that Spongeboob is actually responsible for payment of the defaulted account charges.

Additionally, Spongeboob, didn't you state several replies back that UPS said that the delivery was made but the recever declined the charges? What exactly does that mean. That he signed for the parts and at the same time declined the charges to his account? Just trying to figure out how you can be held liable here.

I am not an attorney, just a spokesperson. If you are injured in an accident, call 1-800-AXE-DAVE...

Sorry, I hope not to offend anyone here - I felt obligated to put that in...

Mike

From the UPS Website:

Domestic Billing Options

Select Your Domestic Billing Option

UPS billing options give you the flexibility to choose your payment method or indicate the method of payment that suits your customers.

Bill Receiver (Collect Billing): UPS bills shipping charges to the receiver
Bill Third Party (3rd Party): UPS bills shipping charges to a party other than the shipper or receiver
Bill Credit Card: UPS bills shipping charges to a major credit card; available when using UPS Internet Shipping or an Air Shipping Document

UPS accepts shipments for collect and third-party billing as long as the receiver or third party has a valid UPS account number and has agreed to accept the charges. Unless otherwise specified at the time of shipping, shipping charges are billed to the shipper. In the event of non-payment by the receiver or third party, the charges are billed back to the shipper.

UPS: Domestic Billing Options

Ups

Food for thought here...

Spongeboob, did you sign anything when shipping that you were responsble if the receivers account was not paid? I imagine not. Secondly, if UPS accepted the account as a good standing account, then the burden is on UPS and the receiver to prove that Spongeboob is actually responsible for payment of the defaulted account charges.

Additionally, Spongeboob, didn't you state several replies back that UPS said that the delivery was made but the recever declined the charges? What exactly does that mean. That he signed for the parts and at the same time declined the charges to his account? Just trying to figure out how you can be held liable here.

I am not an attorney, just a spokesperson. If you are injured in an accident, call 1-800-AXE-DAVE...

Sorry, I hope not to offend anyone here - I felt obligated to put that in...

Mike

As I mentioned before; ask UPS to prove that the bill hasn’t been paid. Even in this less than logical world we live in; they shouldn’t be able to do that to the satisfaction of any court. If they act like they don’t have to; or that they might try; simply mention UNJUST ENRICHMENT (read "double billing") to them the next time they’re on the phone. This should be enough to make them stop calling. Then ask for a written apology.

I think that sort of thing was mentioned before.

I hate UPS! I ship with DHL and have not be let down yet and they are cheaper!!! UPS let me down to many times! I hope things turn out for you!

well shipping without getting paid for shipping is crazy imho but ups should take some blame why would they give the packages to anyone without getting paid?if i shipped something and the reciver refused payment i would hold the package and contact the shipper if they dont pay the shipping then the package would be returned to the shipper for a fee which would still be paid before they recived the package back.

I just received a bill from a Collection company for his UPS bill .. Perfect!! Now this is on my credit rating.

I am serious, call local TV station. Get the investigative reporter to dig on it. Bet you in a heartbeat UPS will "fix" it all. They will leave you alone forever. The LAST thing they need going into the Christmas season is bad press and make people second guess using UPS, then they will use UPSP, DHL or FedEx.

My dad worked for a TV station for 40+ years. You would be AMAZED at the power of bad press.....

Newspapers too. Heck, get that guy on ABC News 20/20 "Give me a break" John Stossel to do it, they would LOVE one like that. National coverage? UPS will be knocking at your door with apologies!

EDIT: Please PM me with details, I will try to get a hold of a guy who used to go to my church who was high up in UPS, like a VP, if he is still there and I can find him, then maybe I can have him look at it. Give them an internal opportunity to make it right and leave you alone. Tell the Collection Agency it isn't your bill and that they are not allowed to contact you again with this bill. Tell them to send it back to UPS.