Sellers Beware!!!!

I have sold and shipped lots of parts to PR mostly Toyota and RX7 Parts and like dealing with anyone anywhere I had some good and some bad.
That said
1-all of the federal laws that we have here they have there.
2-the same process you would take to sue someone here in another state other then your home state you would take to sue some one there.
3-So get moving and get your claim going.

Good luck dude
I don't live in the US.. I have been trying to contact the Board member and i sent him a link to the thread, hopefully he will take care of this and put it to rest.

With all due respect that is kinda what you get for doing business with some one out of the states... I never do business with people over seas or anywhere other than here. To much bull **** like this.. Ive heard of people buying stuff from folks just to get there address name and info just to screw them.. That sucks.. People anywhere else don't have to live by the same laws we do.. Tell UPS to kiss a dick....
I talked to the guy several times and he seemed like a decent guy. And I was trying to help him out. I gave him a good deal on all the parts and was patient waiting for payment. The TB community is pretty small, and I have dealt with alot of great people and I figured this would go smoothly like the other transactions I was involved with. I guess I was a little to trusting and I didn't read the FINE PRINT as well as I should have. This is the type of deal that wrecks it for everyone. Lesson Learned.

Not much help to us if you don't tell us who?

Otherwise it just falls on "could be any Puerto Rican member."

Sounds like everything was internet or email; too bad he didn’t send a letter through the Post Office. Mail fraud is pretty easy to turn over to a Post Master. Sounds like it could still be Wire Fraud; which is also a Federal Offense. You might remind the buyer of that. I bet the jails in Puerto Rico are real nice.

Tell UPS they’ll have to prove that the buyer didn’t pay HIS bill; rather than them just asking for unjust enrichment.

Good luck-

Who is this bad member? let us know so we will know how to deal with him. Somebody else might know this character and be able to help...

Who is this bad member? let us know so we will know how to deal with him. Somebody else might know this character and be able to help...

I am hoping that he responds to the Thread and takes care of his unpaid bill.. If he is Man enough he will put things right. He was Online this morning after I sent him a link to the Thread. So please let's give him a chance to own up and take care of the issue.

You should be able to send UPS a ceise and decist type lawyerly letter and legally they cannot hit your credit on this (or so Ive been told). Besides, not sure how they can tank your credit when they don't have a SSN or anything like that, not to mention you said you're not in the US anyway...

$3000. small claims filings only cost $15. and if he s a no show -you win and get the award- maybe worth a try.

Well, after reading through your older "For sale" posts/threads, I've taken any information you've shared with us about this bad buyer/transaction & narrowed it down to who the mystery no UPS account paying loser really is......:cool:

The Darkside

I hate UPS

I have never had a good experiance with UPS, they hammer me on freight and then try to screw me on duty(Canadain) that is almost equal to what I purchased.
I'll pay extra and wait longer to use USPS.....

I am not sure how anyone can balme UPS here?:mad: This guy walks into a UPS office, gives them a number he got in an email and says "this guy I don't really know in Purto Rico is paying" when the guy says he is not paying what is UPS supposed to do, just suck it up? No, they go back to the person that ACTUALLY SHIPPED THE PART to get their money, this is just common sense. Every UPS pacakge you recieve has a UPS shipper number on it, if it was that easy all the con men out there would just give out random shipper numbers and get free shipping alll the time. Sorry for the rant but if you make a decision to take a chance on someone you don't know over the internet in what amounts to a different country once in a while it is going to backfire and you will have to face the problem. I agree it does suck and the guys name should be out there though.

I am hoping that he responds to the Thread and takes care of his unpaid bill.. If he is Man enough he will put things right. He was Online this morning after I sent him a link to the Thread. So please let's give him a chance to own up and take care of the issue.

So this thread isn't about "us" at all, you have no interest in helping "us," you just want to see if you can strongarm him into paying you what he owes you, which there is nothing wrong with, but this thread really is ho help to "us" at all.

Title of Thread is ...Sellers Beware!!!!!.......Kinda hard to do when you won't tell us who it is don't you think.....lol?
I mean wouldn't you have wanted a fellow member to have warned you if they knew this guy was a scammer? Here's your chance to help your fellow Buick members not to get burned too...

I am not sure how anyone can balme UPS here?:mad: This guy walks into a UPS office, gives them a number he got in an email and says "this guy I don't really know in Purto Rico is paying" when the guy says he is not paying what is UPS supposed to do, just suck it up? No, they go back to the person that ACTUALLY SHIPPED THE PART to get their money, this is just common sense. Every UPS package you receive has a UPS shipper number on it, if it was that easy all the con men out there would just give out random shipper numbers and get free shipping alll the time. Sorry for the rant but if you make a decision to take a chance on someone you don't know over the internet in what amounts to a different country once in a while it is going to backfire and you will have to face the problem. I agree it does suck and the guys name should be out there though.

I've sent several things from my previous employer using customers' UPS account numbers. First, if their account is past due or inexistent, then they simply will not ship it and bring it back. So if they DID ship it, his account was not past due and his UPS account was valid. So in no way can this guy be liable for the PR guy's UPS account. It's the PR guy's responsibility to keep his own UPS account number to himself. If he gives it out, it's his own fault if someone else uses it irresponsibley...which I know is not the case here. So, I disagree with your logic. However, UPS is rediculous to deal with and their rules defy logic so legally I'm not sure. Anyway, spongeboob, I hope it works out for you!

I ship only USPS.. My buddy was eating lunch one day at a Jack in the Box in the HOOD a UPS truck/driver pulled up to a red Taurus and a UPS employee got out of the taurus and they started loading packages into the Taurus.This was a few weeks before Christmas .My buddy recorded the whole the whole thing with a camera phone. After I saw that... And have been ass raped with shipping charges with them I just simply dont use them. I can post the video if anyone wants to see it..