Seeking opinions on going XFI

twodafloor

Twodafloor
Does the XFI unit replace the factory ECU entirely? And if anyone has gone from Maftpro or Genll translator setup to XFI, was it worth it for you and why? Thanks so much guys I really value the experience on this board.

I have been looking at getting the XFI from Hartline performance which is one of our vendors. I had talked to them quite a bit about the transformation and I was ready to pull the trigger. Then I had a sudden massive financial expense on the house so I never got it. If you are up for some tuning (tweaking) then the XFI is the way to go. The other systems work well too but custom tune is the best (and also most expensive). As soon as I have the cash together I will get one.

XFI replaces the factory ECM. I will be making the jump to XFI in about a week from the MAFT Pro (come on UPS!). My main reason is that I bought the MAFT Pro to take baby steps towards tuning and I always wanted to learn the stand alone systems so I have little doubt I will be pleased with the new system once I work out any bugs. The other reason for the switch is that my future plans will work nicely with the XFI.

I was thinking about xfi or maybe pro efi but then I saw a car with a 109 block,irons and a modded stock ecm go 9.12 at the midwest shootout. They said he has been running this car for a couple years. So now Im looking for a tr6 ignition,coil and wires.

If you got the money to burn why not? But if you have a Powerlogger and wideband already. 300 bucks gets rid of that MAF sensor. SD2 works well.
Depends on what you're going to do with the car also.

If $ is no issue I would get Spina to make you a new standalone engine harness to connect to the XFI. The 30 year harness problems are becoming common place. I had a XFI and liked it because I was trying to squeeze every bit of power available now my car is more of a street car than strip so back to a chip and scanmaster/PL tuning.

I was thinking about xfi or maybe pro efi but then I saw a car with a 109 block,irons and a modded stock ecm go 9.12 at the midwest shootout. They said he has been running this car for a couple years. So now Im looking for a tr6 ignition,coil and wires.
Did you ask him how it drove on the street? WOT is one thing, driveability is a whole other ball game.

Did you ask him how it drove on the street? WOT is one thing, driveability is a whole other ball game.
I do not street drive the car all that much. But i feel the sd2 chip is just as streetable as anything out there.

Last edited: