Seeking New Parts?? FMIC, Downpipe, Radiator

GNregistry

Spring 2009 -- UPDATING parts/seeking help, who to buy from, what to add, I want to do it once and do it right the first time!!! top to bottom, order of gotta have... current mods in signature "87 GN hardtop" I have money but dont want to spend money on overkill if not needed... I am not building a TSO car, dont really want to add rollbars either, if that were the case, I would buy one! my goal is GNX Clone daily driver for race and show, driven 7,000 to 10,000 miles per year, 10 or 11 seconds in qtr mile.

added TA49 turbo last year, for my needs, life changed after drag strip pass last year, willing to replace TA49 turbo, just not this year! I will be adding GNX style dash and gauges rpm, speedo, oil, etc with 30psi boost and knock on A pillar. Currently have Laptop with Vista, should I buy used laptop or what can I do to use my new laptop...

This is my only hobby, no atv's, no snowmobiles, no boat... I want to drive it across country and USE it, Race it on the drag strip, often...

I want a (DAILY DRIVER) 11 second GN race and show (GNX clone)
List of parts needed & found with prices
  1. Scanmaster 2.1 = $249
  2. Boost/Knock/2 Gauge A Pillar Holder (75+90+32) = $197
  3. 3" Front Mount Intercooler 24x11x3 = $549
  4. 3" Alum. Radiator 31x18x3 up to 800 HP = $395
  5. High Pressure Adj Wastegate Actuator =$92
  6. Dual Fans with Hi-Lo Relays = $185
  7. 3" Downpipe with Stock Wastegate = $425
  8. 1 Piece Alum Upper Radiator Pipe = $95
EXTRAS, maybe
Air Bags
HR partsNstuff Sway Bar
Wideband

Bueller, Bueller....

Will be driving 87 GN hardtop from Green Bay, Wisconsin to GS Nationals, BG, KY, then to Portland, Maine for the summer 2009, found a home to rent on Taylor Pond near Auburn, Maine... racing and cruising Northeast summer 2009, then Nov 2009 driving hardtop gn from Maine to Reynolds, GA for shootout, after that final race, end of summer, drive it back to Green Bay, Wisconsin to park it for the winter... 2010 mods will be GNX Clone, paint, emblems, vents, fender flares, new GNX dash kit/gauges.

Brett
GNregistry@aol.com

If you're going with a GNX dash I wouldn't think you'd need a dual pillar pod--just put the boost gauge in the dash. And for your car to be a DD, especially driven as much as you plan to do, I'd go with a good SLIC rather than a FMIC even with the aluminum radiator. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get into the 11s with a SLIC provided you have traction, right torque convertor, etc. especially once you upgrade the turbo. Also, just MHO, but instead of spending money on unneeded "fluff" (upper radiator pipe) I'd go for the rear air bags, sway bar, a set of lower control arms, and upgrading the brakes. You may also find with an aluminum radiator/SLIC you really don't need dual fans--I'm running the stock fan with my aluminum radiator/SLIC and my temp stays in the mid 150s-low 160s all the time. I'd hold off on the fans and see where you're at with the stocker first. You definitely need the Scanmaster though--I'd have already had it considering the other mods you have done to your car.

This is my only hobby, no atv's, no snowmobiles, no boat... I want to drive it across country and USE it, Race it on the drag strip, often...

My buick is my only car and I do race it often. I would read and learn every thing you can about these cars. It will help you out. ADD Alcky to your list of things to buy and you will have have an 11 with out race gas. But if your gona play your gona pay. The oil pump went and im rebuilding the motor this week. As for useing you car you will not regret it.

Your drag radials will fill up the trunk, so pack accordingly. Make sure you have an alarm, as you will be parking at hotels.