Seeking engine upgrade advice

rntx

I have a stock 87 GN. I am looking for performance upgrades. Finding upgrades is not the problem. I am overwhelmed by the choices because I have no local contacts that are turbo buick experts that can help me through the maze of available turbos, injectors, fuel pumps, regulators, controllers, alky kits, etc.

From what I have seen, there is probably a list of upgrades that most of you knowledgeable guys would agree on as a good starting point for getting my GN's engine out of the obsolete power plant category. If you don't have such a list, maybe you guys could start by saying, "This is what you need to replace." I understand that what I replace the parts with determines what I end up with. I am just not knowledgeable enough to know where one should begin the upgrade process.

I want my car to remain fun to drive on the street and not just when the pedal is to the metal. I would like to have an 11-12 second car when all is said and done if that is a reasonable expectation. Is that possible via essentially bolt-on technology or will I have to upgrade the engine internals as well?

Are complete high performance engines available for GNs? Does anyone know of a good turbo buick performance shop in Texas? What would be ideal is for one of you guys to be able to tell me "You can find everything you need at ... talk to ...
Thanks.

Gbodyparts.com

IF ITS ALL STOCK THE 1ST THING YOU WILL NEED TO DO A SPRING CLEANING, OIL CHANGE, PLUGS , WIRES. DO A SEARCH ON THIS SITE ABOUT SPRING CLEANING. NEXT MAKE SURE ALL VAC LINES ARE NOT LOOSE OR DRY ROT.AFTER THAT GET A SCANNER MASTER AND A REALY GOOD BOOST GAUGE!!!! THEN THE FUEL SYS.. YOU NEED A GOOD FUEL PUMP 340 WALBORO WILL BE GREAT. ALSO ADJ. FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR, HOT WIRE KIT FOR FUEL PUMP. I WOULD GET SOME 60LBS INJECTORS ALSO. NEXT TRANSLATOR FOR MAF (HORSE POWER IN A BOX) AND USE A LS1 MAF. TURBO (TA49) WOULD BE A GREAT UPGRADE FROM STOCK, GET A STRETCH NECK FOR YOU INTERCOOLER , SEARCH (DUTT. NECK).NOW YOUR READY FOR A TURBO TWEAK CHIP !!! THIS IS WERE YOU WILL START TO HAVE FUN. YOUR CAR WILL HAVE ABOUT A 100 MORE HP!!!! SO GET SOME TIRES!!!!. NOW THESE ARE THE BASIC UPGRADES . IF YOU WANT MORE I WOULD GET A NICE 3IN DOWN PIPE AND A GOOD 3IN EXH SYSTEM. I JUST DID ALL THESE UPGRADES ON MY BUDDIES CAR THAT WAS ALL STOCK 70K MILES CAR .WE HAD ABOUT $2000 IN IT AND HE IS REALY REALY HAPPY , YOU WILL BE TOOOO. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU CAN GET ALL THESE PARTS FROM BRIAN AT GBODYPARTS .COM AND HE CAN ANSWER ANT ?s YOU HAVE TELL HIM LANCE SENT YOU

Bigjack is right on the $$$. Just add in Razor's ALKY kit and you will love it. Dont recall if he mentioned a K&N filter, but most throw that on first anyway. I have most of those mods listed and did some suspension work too. I babied my car to a 12.60 at 109 and didnt even warm up the tires and launched at 0 boost. That was on 22 lbs of boost. I normally run about 27lbs. Going thru the tranny might be worth it also.

:biggrin: