seat thoughts

b231v6

My front seats specificly the drivers side is leaning back to far for me. I've decided to look into front seats from a 98 or so f-body. Don't want leather just plain cloth seats, preferably a solid gray color.
My question is there a big difference between firebird and camero seats,and do I just transfer the seats to my 87 G.N. seat rails and install. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, they bolt right to your original brackets. Pontiac seats are typically more "sporty" than chevy seats.
I personally like Pontiac seats better.
check my pic page in sig for pics of 2000 TA seats in my 87 TR.
They are one of the best "mods" I've done.
Asphaltannilator has camaro buckets in his.

Thanks for the info. Now I need to find someone who does upul stery(seat recovering). Is Jaxes still open. This will be for 98 firebird seats with the Grand National colors.

Jax!
Jax did my back to match the front seats...looks perfect.
Paul is a great guy to deal with and delivers as promised.

The only problem is that his web page on gnttype does not work. Wondering if he is still in buisness. The seats are in great shape,just charcoal colored. I'll have to take a gander at your seats.Thanks again

My brother has a 97 SS camaro, and the seats suck!!! Maybe they don't fit cuz I'm only 5'6", but they just don't curve right. There is a lump that hits me in the middle of the back that keeps my shoulderblades and lower back from touching the back of the seat. For some reason it doesn't seem so bad from the drivers seat. just an FYI

They've been in business for a LONG time (like 50 years). Try calling them.
I know some time during the year they take a couple of weeks off...shut the whole shop down a take a break (I wish we did that)

The TA seats are great...don't know about the Camaro seats. Maybe they just weren't meant for midgets ;) ....just kiddin' man.
Some seats do suck depending on how tall, how you're shaped etc...everyones different.

I was looking at some information on the web earlier about 98 camaro seats. From a brochure it says that the 98 camaro has new seats. According to GM there suppose to be comfortable.
Nice leather seats zam70. I want mine to have material like the original though.