Seat tear

Ken Cunningham

Post No Bills
My drivers seat has a 1" tear in the fabric at the seat. Can this be sewed, or is the fabric just gonna keep tearing?

My T is not a show car by any stretch, it is a daily driver with 160k+ on the clock. But I would like to keep entropy at bay.

You might take it to an upholstery shop and see if they could sew it up. It will probably only get worse. There was a shop here in Baytown which had the original material and recovered mine. It really wasn't too expensive, either. They can usually only do part of it, if you want. For instance, just the grey or just the black. Oops, I just realized that you said yours was a 'T'. I'm sure they could still do it.

By the way, my name is Don Cunningham. We're probably cousin-in-laws or something down the line.;)

Jaxseatcover.com has kits to reupholster our T's and GN's. I installed one of their kits on my GN and they are good quality and fit. I am in Temecula if you would like to look at it, send me e-mail. I will be in Valley Center on June 5th- Bates Nut Farm Buick GN and GS car show, though any body can enter the show. Go to BGNRA.com for more info. Jim Forrest

Thanks for the help!

urspanked: I do know an upholstery shop in town that did my visors after I replaced my headliner. Did a good job for little $$. I may ask them what they can do. But also see below...

wafastr: I am planning on making Bates Nut Farm. I've been going since year one (at Deer Park) so maybe we can hook up and I can check out the Jax setup.

btw, urspanked: my Cunningham roots don't go very deep. My father was adopted into that name, but we are probably 'related' through his step-father.