Searching for

QuikRick

Anyone know where one might find a valve spring compression tool to swap out the valve springs on the Buick V6 without removing the heads from the block (buy, rent or borrow ;))? Also looking for a GN alternator bracket that holds the belt tensioner? :confused: Anyone??

purchased ...

mine at Napa and i think sears and summit sell them as well.
I think I have a spare bracket in the garage. You can also make requests for parts on the WTB section here on the forum. it's just under the parts for sale section.

Theres an old thread on this board that mentions using an old rocker and socket but cant seem to find it. Maybe somebody has some info on this.Theres even pics of this. ANYONE?

The screw down type will work.Any auto supply should have them.Put a zip tie around the arms so they won't slip out of the coils and they'll even work on bee hive style springs. A small magnet is handy for pulling keepers out.

Champion Heads

These are Champion heads and some people have told me that alot of the compression tools won't work on the Champion heads and are also hard to adapt to make them work on the the back two valves on the passenger side?? :confused:

How do you like your 212/212 and what brand is it? I'm still trying to decide between the 212 and 218......or maybe 206 but don't think so - LOL

How do you like your 212/212 and what brand is it? I'm still trying to decide between the 212 and 218......or maybe 206 but don't think so - LOL

Champion irons? Shouldn't be any harder than stock heads with the engine installed. I've done it both ways,not fun either way. The 212 / 212 cam is nice. Glad I didn't go smaller.