Search is over, finally bought an 86 g.n. and need some parts and advice.

turboterror

I have been so fortunate to have you guys as a great resource to go to. Ive been out of the buick game for
awhile but finally ended up buying a 86 turbo t top car a few days ago and need some advice.

The car does run and drive but unless you feather the pedal and drive it really easy it will die(cant even think about building any boost
but then again not much braking power anyways).Any things to check or suspicions? It also acts like it cold collared and dies after startup unless you feather the gas.

I backed it off the trailer at my other house and drove it a half mile
to the house I live in( my old house has a wrap around driveway so easy to pull in and unload).
Of course the brakes are scary as hell. I dont know whats wrong but it is the factory problematic setup. I would like to figure out whats wrong or convert to a vaccum type set up. Besides the cosmetic issues(which I can handle) it has some areas
of rust where the t tops latch in, I was wondering if anybody had a t tops regal parts car where I
can harvest some donor metal to repair it with?
Im guessing all the interior is there as he had said he took it apart but Ive
only had the car a couple of days so I dont know whats there and what isnt.

Finally I would like to do a digital dash conversion or find a aftermarket gauge carrier but from what I understand they arent too easy to come by
Why did they build such an awesome car with such crappy instrumentation?

Thanks in advance for your help, I have always been a mustang guy and own several but there has always been
something about the turbo regals. I have missed my hot air car even since I sold it a couple years
ago. I am glad I found another tr!!

You want to move this to the general tech section to get the answers you need, or maybe a mod can do it hopefully.

vortexbuicks-etc.com and gnttype.org are helpful info sites.