SD2 on parameter 11

TurboTdr3.8

Parameter 11 – Cold Start Fuel
This number is a fuel trim with 128 being “the middle” or 0%. Higher than 128 adds fuel.
This adjustment will allow you to add or reduce fuel during the cold start routine, under 130°
F coolant temp. Go as lean as possible without causing the car to stall when dropping it into gear.

My car cranks perfect when cold but till it gets to 130 degree or closed loop it seems to be too rich once it runs a few seconds , will this adj help the rich afr in that area or where only till closed loop kicks in . Can this adj be made while its running or have to cut off and restart ? Mine is at default 128 , I do not like the smell of the richness till my WB kicks in , anybody been here yet

How rich is it during open loop cold idle?? Mid 12's AFR are pretty normal.

Hmmm, that's pretty rich. could pull parameter 11 back. Try 118 and see how it acts. Let the car get cold again between each adjustment for the tweak to show best if it's working. My parameter 11 is at 140 just to maintain a 12.6 AFR and it works it's way up to mid 13's until closed loop kicks in, so every car is obviously way different.

Hmmm, that's pretty rich. could pull parameter 11 back. Try 118 and see how it acts. Let the car get cold again between each adjustment for the tweak to show best if it's working. My parameter 11 is at 140 just to maintain a 12.6 AFR and it works it's way up to mid 13's until closed loop kicks in, so every car is obviously way different.

Did you try any other setting and see what was going on before coming up with 140 ?

Not really. I was just adjusting for good cold start manners to just start up and drive away.

Posted to TurboBuick.com from my RAZR MAXX HD

different injectors have different temperature sensitivities, so Dave's 50's (being high impedance) will be more affected than your 75's (low impedance), so a number closer to 128 might work better for you.

Of course, all of the warmup fuel and other tweaks are best tuned after the fully warmed up stuff is done.

Bob

ok, then trying a lower number makes sense.

can you post a log? Make sure the key is still on when you save it so the settings can get saved in the file.

Bob