SD2 Issue

missin' 2

I have been having this issue for a while now, just haven't had the time to get to it.
I am running the flex fuel option with the latest plc and interface version.

the issue is....if I have the key on engine off the pl will connect and stay connected and work fine.
if I start the car and connect the pl, it will monitor for a few seconds to a minute and then disconnect. it always happens at different times, driving or not.
I have also tried a different computer and that didn't make a difference.

when it does disconnect I have to unplug the usb cord and plug it back in to connect,otherwise it will say the pl is not responding and makes a beep noise on the comp.

this issue developed after I started running the flex fuel option.

Bob if it is easier to email for you I can. I just need your email again.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
There was a ground issue with Pl were the usb connector needs a ground added.

yes I know about that issue. mine is newer according to bob. like I said this thing has worked just fine for 2-3 years until now when I went to the flex fuel option. more specific the boost control release for sd2. it might not even be related to going to the flex fuel version this issue could just be a coincidence of all the upgrades.

I just need some leads on how to troubleshoot this.

if you feel it is related to the version update, then going back to the earlier version would be a good doublecheck.

Doing the grounding mod might be a good redundancy.

I would be happy to test it here and see if I can replicate the issue.

Do you have any Buick guys nearby with PL's you could temporarily swap with and see if the problem resolves?

Bob

I can try going back and see what that does.

The pl that I have doesn't have any metal on the outside of the plugs. I will double check for the heck of it.

I will contact some people to see if I can borrow one.

How do you test it there what data do you need to do that?

I can test it on the bench, or in my car (weather permitting...). But my car has never had the disconnect issue.

So we should do the initial debugging in your car.

Bob

I can test it on the bench, or in my car (weather permitting...). But my car has never had the disconnect issue.

So we should do the initial debugging in your car.

Bob
Would email or phone call be easier to work this out?

sorry, I'm just very busy the week before BG.

hit me up on email.

Bob