Screeching sound. Help please...

I had one engine with a screach and it turned out to be a spun or partially spun main. I had a 5 speed in the car at the time (non Regal) and after missing a shift it actually broke the mounting tabs off the case of the trans which allowed it to get ****-eyed thus loading the rear bearing funny and grabbing it. The engine still had great oil pressure and there was no metal in the oil. Can't remember what made us look at the mains but it was ugly.

More recently on a new engine the complaint was a squeek. Belt off, trans disconnected, still there. That turned out to be the pistons. Yep, they were assembled so tight to the rods they would barely move. I can't believe anyone could have even gotten the engine together that way. That engine was total junk after 200 miles. The pistons were not the only problem unfortunately. The good news is the supposed Buick Guru that built it is now out of bisness.

I had one engine with a screach and it turned out to be a spun or partially spun main. I had a 5 speed in the car at the time (non Regal) and after missing a shift it actually broke the mounting tabs off the case of the trans which allowed it to get ****-eyed thus loading the rear bearing funny and grabbing it. The engine still had great oil pressure and there was no metal in the oil. Can't remember what made us look at the mains but it was ugly.

More recently on a new engine the complaint was a squeek. Belt off, trans disconnected, still there. That turned out to be the pistons. Yep, they were assembled so tight to the rods they would barely move. I can't believe anyone could have even gotten the engine together that way. That engine was total junk after 200 miles. The pistons were not the only problem unfortunately. The good news is the supposed Buick Guru that built it is now out of bisness.

+1 on a spun main bearing

you might also check to see if it has a audible deadbeat detector installed

you might also check to see if it has a audible deadbeat detector installed

He might also want to check if there really was an 87 gn and if it really had a new engine. Or that might have been his wrecked Gnx or one of the other 10 cars he didn't own in his signature.

He might also want to check if there really was an 87 gn and if it really had a new engine. Or that might have been his wrecked Gnx or one of the other 10 cars he didn't own in his signature.

lol! I came across this thread the other day doing a search and thought it was pretty funny and had to post :biggrin:

iI cant remember if theses engines have them but if the oil slinger shield that goes on in front of the timing chain on the crank is on wrong or hitting the upgraded doulbe timng chain it will squeel.

Cam sensor? pull cap and give it a squirt of oil and see if noise goes away. I had a brand new one cause similar noises.

If it's low at the front,An you took your belt off to eliminate pully nosie,If it's a new motor,maybe they didn't replace the water/oil pump case,an they didn't intall a new spring cam button,or they Did an it's riding in a groove from a old case an cam button? That might make that nosie now an then an stumble the motor.Also maybe in the Oil Pump if old parts where used...I had total rebuild while back an the dumbasre didn't machine the block where the the cam rides,had whiped cam before that,luckly i saw it on the assembly at his shop,had to disassemble agian,machine that area,an run needle thrust bearing
hellobozos-albums-frames-shame-picture3293-both-kdk-his-machinst-missed-bgc-rebuild-motor-all-done-assembly-when-found-cost-500-fix-machined-rollor-needle-bearing-used.jpg
[/IMG]

I hope it's something easier to fix for you, let us know when find out

Enjoy,Good Luck!

guys the original posted hasn't posted here for a while .. He is on the lamb hiding from everyone.:p Or maybe the cats got his tongue :biggrin: