ScReAmIn DeAl, NEW coil pack and ign module

jstahl

Boost, Nuttin like it!
I have several New coil pack and ignition modules on hand. These are pieces I have stashed or acquired over time.

Made in USA parts and are not the new Asian import or AutoZone pieces which people report as troublesome at best. Several happy people with the last few I've sold. These quality pieces were made by vendors like Standard and the castings are virtually identical to your OE GM module minus the black paint.

$140 packed like glass, shipped immediately via USPS priority mail and insured. That is the quickest delivery and best way to go because you get delivery on Saturday too.

For best results PM me as I'm not receiving alerts to this thread updating but do receive the PM notifications.

I accept Paypal. See pics below.

Thanks -Jud

Attachments

• DSCN2428.jpg
    DSCN2428.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 791
  • DSCN2429.jpg
    DSCN2429.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 797
The NEW combos I sell work because the Casper's tester says they do, all the way up to 8000 RPM! :eek:

The pic is cool for those just browsing. This is the best angle for spark capture. :cool:

;)

Attachments

• DSCN2458.jpg
    DSCN2458.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 701
Yep, still have some left. I'm out on business till this weekend. Shoot me a PM as a reminder and we'll wrap it up. Thanks -Jud

Hey Jud, I'll take an ignition module and coil pack if you still have any left. PM me your Paypal addy and I'll send money.
Thanks.

Everyone that paid last week and over the weekend should be expecting your set today or tomorrow.

For those that expressed interest, please try again. Unless I stumble across an unopened box I've about exhausted the pieces I've acquired.

Thanks!

Just Got mine in the mail....

Thanx a million....everything looks great.... now if the weather would dip below 100º F i might be able to work on the car....:roll eyes:

aaron

Thanks Aaron!

This may belong in the tech section but...

I've been testing some used GM pieces and newer off the shelf pieces too just for giggles.

Excluding the GM stuff, many don't fire on the tester. (Different design, not sure if that is a problem :confused:)
The older GM stuff certainly shows fatigue as spark intensity varies by coil tower pair.
Some won't fire at at the top of the RPM scale, the spark seem to "blow out"
Some produce weak sparks which are quieter and more red / orange in color

Based on the above, I'm led to beleive the pieces are not of the same quality or standard as older pieces :confused: Of all the applications for the coil and module, the 3.8 Turbo is the most demanding as the remaining are normally aspirated. As cylinder pressure increases, it's increasingly more difficult for the spark to jump the gap.

You can see from the pic above the pieces I have produce a mostly purple spark. Did I mention it's a good idea to stay far away from the sparks at max RPM? Ask me how I know :eek:

Thanks!

Thanks Aaron!

This may belong in the tech section but...

I've been testing some used GM pieces and newer off the shelf pieces too just for giggles.

Excluding the GM stuff, many don't fire on the tester. (Different design, not sure if that is a problem :confused:)
The older GM stuff certainly shows fatigue as spark intensity varies by coil tower pair.
Some won't fire at at the top of the RPM scale, the spark seem to "blow out"
Some produce weak sparks which are quieter and more red / orange in color

Based on the above, I'm led to beleive the pieces are not of the same quality or standard as older pieces :confused: Of all the applications for the coil and module, the 3.8 Turbo is the most demanding as the remaining are normally aspirated. As cylinder pressure increases, it's increasingly more difficult for the spark to jump the gap.

You can see from the pic above the pieces I have produce a mostly purple spark. Did I mention it's a good idea to stay far away from the sparks at max RPM? Ask me how I know :eek:

Thanks!

John Spina of Casper's Electronics told me that the ignition module/coil pack tester won't work on some of the aftermarket modules due some sort of design difference. I'm sure that is why they also don't work well on our cars.

I recall the same when he introduced the tester years ago. I made sure to pick up only those that were identical to the OE design. Smart move.... :)

A handfull left. These are great to have on hand as a spare or for 86-87 conversion. Both brand new and "bench" tested above and beyond the RPM range your motor see.

Trying to move them as I'll never need this many sets. Best price for an OEM coil and module which are identical to the pieces installed at the factory. Not a single complaint.

Thanks!