Scored Plastic Headlights!

gn1220

While at the yard today, looking for a part for my Dad, I came across a Chrysler K-car that had four square headlights and the high beams were the lightweight plastic units. One was missing so I looked around and found one on another car and it also had the black headlight rings. Now I will just have to find the low beams. Didn't know if you guys new this or not so I thought I'd share. :)

Direct bolt in. These look just like all the other sealed beams except they are all plactic! Sylvania part# HP 4651 12v. Sorry but I haven't found the low beams but as soon as I do I will post that # too.:D

You can buy im new if ya want. I see em all the time at the local auto parts stores..

Cibies (Best price/where to buy)

Roger,

Where's the best place to get Cibies?

They've got some great optics!

Appreciate your info!

:)

Originally posted by gn1220
Direct bolt in. These look just like all the other sealed beams except they are all plactic! Sylvania part# HP 4651 12v. Sorry but I haven't found the low beams but as soon as I do I will post that # too.:D

The part number for the wagner lights are HP4656 and HP4651

The funny part I have found about going to parts stores and asking for a part number is that it drives the people behind the counter crazy when you won't tell them what year car is goes on.
BAHAHAHA;)

Originally posted by NastyGn

The part number for the wagner lights are HP4656 and HP4651

The funny part I have found about going to parts stores and asking for a part number is that it drives the people behind the counter crazy when you won't tell them what year car is goes on.
BAHAHAHA;)

hehe....They still want to know if its a 4door/2door, year, engine size, FI/carbed, FWD/RWD, 2bbl/4bbl carb - I think it drives them nuts not being able to ask these dumb questions (that they don't even know what the answers to them mean anyways) - I like when they ask you "where did you get that part number from?" Hmm... proabably from a much more reliable source than yourself young man, could you please get me the part now ;)

Two Lane,

I got mine through http://lighting.mbz.org/

Dan was very helpful & answered any questions.

Dan's prices were very competitive prices,too. These lights are not cheap & I did the relay & heavy wireing upgrade.

Roger

My local parts stores say they can't get the plastic lights.:( Zak said NAPA had them so I will try tomorrow. If not, back to the yard.

Scored the low beams today, seems most of the Chryslers had these plastic lights. The high beams are easier to find but I did see a few sets of the lows. I could get more if anybody needs them. Also noticed that the Chryslers with the big single bulbs were plastic too.

Not at this time, sorry. They look JUST like the glass lights. I am going to change them tonight and I will see how much the difference in weight is.

I was introduced to the plastic lights when I bought an '83 dodge truck about 6 years ago. It had the large rectangular plastic ones and are still in the truck and have taken TONS of abuse including running into other vehicles and getting paint on them. They are nice and bright, weigh almost nothing, and have never gotten a chip or cracked in over 6 years. They are not only light, but also indestructable!!!

plastic lenses

Check around, the standard wattage bulbs are 55w low, and 60 watt high, there are 80/100 and 90/130 watt bulbs available,
( J C Whitney for one) but you will need to wire in a relay if you use that much power! Are they legal? huh? what lights?
sure light up the night!!

cruzn57

4 glass bulbs: 4lbs
4 plastic bulbs: 1.75 lbs
Not a huge diff. but every little bit helps!
Forgot to mention that all of the Chryslers I've seen have the black headlight rings too. Looks MUCH better to get rid of the stainless rings. Find these on all the f-body cars too.:)

You can still buy them new, but they are $15 each. That was O'Reilly price. I got all 4 for $20.:) If you still want me to get you a set let me know.:D :D

I think they should be, they are halogen. I will try to get them next week, I'll let you know when I do.