Schrader Valve Question

Antbankstwo3

I want to install a Fuel Pressure Gauge on my fuel rail. It still has the original schrader valve (valve stem like) on the rail. It's just capped off.

My question: Is there fitting I can use/buy that depresses the stem and allows me to hook up my gauge OR do I have to remove the original schrader valve all together? If so, what do I buy to replace it and how do I remove it w/o runining the original valve?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

For most gauges I know of you remove the valve. I use a wrench I bought at the store that came with replacement bike shrader valves.

Then you attach an4 adapter to gauge pitch and then attach gauge

I tried installing one and could not get leak free seal

Likely pilot error and or cheap fittings

Joel

For most gauges I know of you remove the valve. I use a wrench I bought at the store that came with replacement bike shrader valves.

Then you attach an4 adapter to gauge pitch and then attach gauge

I tried installing one and could not get leak free seal

Likely pilot error and or cheap fittings

Joel

Thank you for taking the time to reply! Very helpful!

Thanks for sharing this info, I'm taking notes. I like the Kirban's unit. I have a question about getting digital fuel pressure readings, I'm considering a project for the winter to install a digital electronic gauge system that requires power, ground & signal wires to read & display fuel pressure. Is this even possible on cars as old as Grand Nationals, that didn't even come with fuel pressure gauges in the first place? I can probably get boost pressure readings from the MAP sensor but not sure what to do for fuel pressure.

I run an electric Autometer 0-100 psi fuel pressure gauge, but I also logged fuel pressure to my powerlogger. Now that I verified the electric reading was the same as my analog gauge, I unplugged the autometer gauge and just log it. If I have to tweak FP, I use my analog gauge I temporarily screw on the rail. Unscrew the shrader valve, its a piece of cake and you can cap it if you need to without reinstalling the valve for any reason.

Thanks for sharing this info, I'm taking notes. I like the Kirban's unit. I have a question about getting digital fuel pressure readings, I'm considering a project for the winter to install a digital electronic gauge system that requires power, ground & signal wires to read & display fuel pressure. Is this even possible on cars as old as Grand Nationals, that didn't even come with fuel pressure gauges in the first place? I can probably get boost pressure readings from the MAP sensor but not sure what to do for fuel pressure.
Do you mean a digital read-out , or traditional electric analog read-out ? Both are driven by a fuel pressure transducer that is mounted after the regulator usually on the rail . All the wiring usually comes with the gauge and is not difficult to install . This is similar to what I have .
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-4363/overview/

Here's what the fitting looks like installed:

Attachments

• Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
  • Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 108
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
Do you mean a digital read-out , or traditional electric analog read-out ? Both are driven by a fuel pressure transducer that is mounted after the regulator usually on the rail . All the wiring usually comes with the gauge and is not difficult to install . This is similar to what I have .
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-4363/overview/
A digital readout is what I'm hoping for. There's a cool product made in Poland by Reveltronics, UTCOMP-PRO, that has a sweet little digital LED display that can display & log a whole bunch of things. I'm already using ALDLdroid and Bluetooth adapter for my cellphone to log everything that already outputs through the ALDL adapter, but I want to add fuel pressure, oil pressure, boost without adding 3 or more extra gauges when it can all be displayed in real-time through a convenient little OLED display.

The device also can read analog signals, but the digital output would be cooler.

http://www.reveltronics.com/en/products/universal-trip-computer-utcomp

It'll be a fun winter project. I'm going this route to modernize the car and avoid installing clunky gauges & gauge pods inside the car...it's more stealthy. :ninja:

Here's what the fitting looks like installed:

I ordered that fitting you suggested. Thanks for advice. By running both gauges at rail and the hood mount. Do you ever see them read differently or are they both pretty accurate when ran together?

I ordered that fitting you suggested. Thanks for advice. By running both gauges at rail and the hood mount. Do you ever see them read differently or are they both pretty accurate when ran together?

I'm not sure because I haven't adjusted my fuel pressure lately to notice.

All of it only weighs a few ounces, between the fittings and the gauge. There's no way it's a problem of any kind. Certainly not a weight issue. :rolleyes: