Scanmaster numbers kinda wonky?

TheGovernment

I finally got all my mods put in my 86 regal T.
60lbs injectors, TT chip, High flow pump and hotwire, 3" DP, TE-44, cold air intake, FPR set at 39lbs vac off this are my readings at idle :
O2 - 820
KR - 0
AF - 05
L8 - 33
bat - 13.2
Int - 128
BL - 129
Clt - 188
Ats - 114
tps - .38
IAC - 26
cc - 163

I got about 6 knock on a pull and haven't tried another until I make sure the numbers are ok and turn down the boost. The o2 seems really high, would that be a cause of the knock? Other than that it seems to be running pretty good.

I finally got all my mods put in my 86 regal T.
60lbs injectors, TT chip, High flow pump and hotwire, 3" DP, TE-44, cold air intake, FPR set at 39lbs vac off this are my readings at idle :
O2 - 820
KR - 0
AF - 05
L8 - 33
bat - 13.2
Int - 128
BL - 129
Clt - 188
Ats - 114
tps - .38
IAC - 26
cc - 163

I got about 6 knock on a pull and haven't tried another until I make sure the numbers are ok and turn down the boost. The o2 seems really high, would that be a cause of the knock? Other than that it seems to be running pretty good.

Your TPS is low. Should be .42 - .44 at idle.
Check your TT chip instructions but I think your fuel pressure needs to be about 42 or 43 with the line off. That should help with the knock. How much boost are you running? What is your lowest O2 during the full throttle pull?
I think the TT chips are open loop idle which would explain the high O2's. If it idles well don't worry about the numbers. ;)

Is there any way to change the TPS? I'll re-check my FP tomorrow but for some reason I think it may be 43 with line off but i wasn't 100% sure and put 39 but I can check that tomorrow.
I don't have any numbers for full throttle pull because of the knock the first time I did it and now I'm chicken lol.

But I can say that it pulls a ton more than it did stock and thats without even going full throttle :)

Try here...

Is there any way to change the TPS? I'll re-check my FP tomorrow but for some reason I think it may be 43 with line off but i wasn't 100% sure and put 39 but I can check that tomorrow.
I don't have any numbers for full throttle pull because of the knock the first time I did it and now I'm chicken lol.

But I can say that it pulls a ton more than it did stock and thats without even going full throttle :)

Adjusting the TPS

Read everything else on this site too. :p

How much boost & what octane?

I've read pretty much everything on the site but can't access it from work right now from some reason.
I though I may be able to change the TPS through the chip somehow. I'll change it tomorrow. thanks.

Not Quite

I've read pretty much everything on the site but can't access it from work right now from some reason.
I though I may be able to change the TPS through the chip somehow. I'll change it tomorrow. thanks.

TPS is a physical change. Loosen the screws, pull the sensor forward and move it up and down till you have a good idle and full throttle setting. Make sure the floor mat is out of the way.

18 is about 3 pounds high for normal pump gas. Turn the boost down a few pounds by loosening the wastegate acutator about 3 turns.

Go slow and your engine will thank you! :smile: