scanmaster issues, changed ecm, CEL on, and I cant read codes!

moparkid

A couple months ago I sent my scanmaster to Turbobob, he replaced a bad display and updated it to a 2.1. I went to reinstall it, and on key on engine on, the display would show 2.1 then go blank. It did the same thing prior to my SM failing. In my conversations with TBob, he also said the ALDL may be losing signal from a bad output in the ECM. My local dealer was able to still get me a Delco reman unit, so I ordered it and removed the old ECM tonight and installed the new reman unit after swapping my TT chip over.I tested the 2nd terminal from the far left in the upper row before before swapping ecm's, and before and after the swap I am only getting 2.5v at that pin. In the ecm harness, I did find one broken wire (purple with a white stripe), and repaired as neccesary. I tested ignition to make sure the car starts, it does but my TT chip settings are now defaults since disconnecting the battrry. This wouldnt be a big deal if I could read the malfunction codes on my scanmaster.... AARRGHH!! Ido have a new 2.1 that I ordered from Turbo Tweak in case my old unit was not repairable.

Any suggestions on where to start next? All fuses are good under the dash. the far left pin upper row in the aldl tests at 11.9v. Any help would be appreciated!!

If it lights up then goes blank that is the self test, it is not getting data from the ECM, the data keeps it lit up, try it in another car I bet it works fine

If it lights up then goes blank that is the self test, it is not getting data from the ECM, the data keeps it lit up, try it in another car I bet it works fine

Exactly. Im 100% positive TBob wouldnt have sent it back inoperable. I have a hard time believing my new delco ecm is faulty also. But since all commands go thru the PROM, I am suspect of my TT chip failing. theCATman dropped his street chip off at my office this morning, I am going to install his and see if I can get some output from my ALDL.

Its pretty simple technology by todays standards, it shouldnt be diffucult to figure out.

it is very common to have a functioning ECM that will not send a datastream, I doubt they test that in the rebuild process try another ECM, the chip is almost never the problem

Well, I got the SM to work, and testing of the new ecm is good. The last person who had this car really liked scotch locks.... Ugh.

My CEL is on and I am getting code 52. I am away from work until Tuesday, can anyone tell me what this code is for? I want to say its for a cal-pak fuel reading.... Cant swear on it. As always, any help is appreciated. Thinking a fault with my new ecm...