Scammed on Syty.net

Cme2fly

WH1 driver
Guys, a friend was scammed by someone that goes by the name Epix over on SYTY. Andy purchased what was supposed to be a te-63 with a Jet Hot coated exhaust for his Typhoon but, ended up with a spray painted worn out pt-52 for a GN. He is trying to post some pics of the turbo over on syty but seem to be having some issues. Can anyone help out with posting some pics? Andy's screen name is blackbrick. Here is the original For Sale threads: Extra SyTy parts - PTE Turbo, ECM, Hydroboost, etc - SyTy/SGT - Forums

Here are some pics of the sweet Jet hot coated Typhoon turbo.:rolleyes:
The last picture shows the scammer's turbo next to a real Jet Hot coated turbo for comparisons sake.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 695
  • turbo1.jpg
    turbo1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 721
  • turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 708
  • epix scam.jpg
    epix scam.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 696
this guys name is Pete Carney, lives in Sturgis, MI ....the kid thinks hes slick, LOL Payback is a bitch!...anybody know this kid chime in...everybody needs to know what he did!....the turbo in the one picture is the REAL jet hot coat next to his spray painted turbo, the other pic shows its a 52 not a 63 like he said.

syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76786

You might want read through this tread and find out about the real truth with what is going on. He has offered to send the money back to him and take back the turbo. ALso there has been 4 guy from FL offer to meet this guy(on their own dime) and get the turbo and give him back his money to make everything right. He is making treats to several people willing to meet him and also to Pete.

Just though that the admins would be interested in the real truth of what is going on.

From Andy's (83olds383) pm to me on syty.net
blackbrick said:
Dont think you will get away with this, i have friends in Detroit that will be visiting you soon....I promise!....I will get you back!!..you better do what is right !...last time im talking to you.

From the get go i've tried to resolve this issue with you yet each and everytime you were uncooperative. I've told you I was willing to refund your money PLUS shipping upon return of the turbo. What kind of "scammer" offers to do that? I've proved the fact I am a long term member on syty.net with verification of feedback and paypal verified (unlike yours) and still your only response to me is that I'm trying to scam you further. When local Florida board members have backed me up and offered out of their own time to meet with you to return the money and trade you were flat up disrespectful and rude. I am clearly not a scammer and I do not intend to tarnish my reputability on this matter. Your threats do not help your case at any sort of level. If you want your FULL refund simply return the item and I will GLADLY send you your money back. I will not offer the invitation that has all ready been presented to you of a local meet after your childish threats. If you want to continue to retaliate by stating more threats I have no issues letting my friends in local law enforcement know this case. As I am not an active member on this site we can continue this resolvement on syty.net

-Peter

From Andy's (83olds383) pm to me on syty.net

From the get go i've tried to resolve this issue with you yet each and everytime you were uncooperative. I've told you I was willing to refund your money PLUS shipping upon return of the turbo. What kind of "scammer" offers to do that? I've proved the fact I am a long term member on syty.net with verification of feedback and paypal verified (unlike yours) and still your only response to me is that I'm trying to scam you further. When local Florida board members have backed me up and offered out of their own time to meet with you to return the money and trade you were flat up disrespectful and rude. I am clearly not a scammer and I do not intend to tarnish my reputability on this matter. Your threats do not help your case at any sort of level. If you want your FULL refund simply return the item and I will GLADLY send you your money back. I will not offer the invitation that has all ready been presented to you of a local meet after your childish threats. If you want to continue to retaliate by stating more threats I have no issues letting my friends in local law enforcement know this case. As I am not an active member on this site we can continue this resolvement on syty.net

-Peter

I know Pete.He is a stand up guy. Must be 83olds383's fault he hasn't got his own money back.

He's been a total prick on syty.net. All 3 posts. :rolleyes:

syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76786

I dont have a dog in this fight, but Pete isnt as innocent in all this as you guys make him out to be.

First off, if he is a longtime, standup member on syty, then you would think he could tell if a turbo was for a Sy or Ty and not a GN. If that wasnt enough, you would think he could tell if the exhaust housing was painted or ceramic coated. Very basic stuff for an experienced "syty" guy if you ask me.

That doesnt justify the threats that were made by the other party. Looks to me like a bad deal just got worse and both parties share the responsibility.

I dont have a dog in this fight, but Pete isnt as innocent in all this as you guys make him out to be.

First off, if he is a longtime, standup member on syty, then you would think he could tell if a turbo was for a Sy or Ty and not a GN. If that wasnt enough, you would think he could tell if the exhaust housing was painted or ceramic coated. Very basic stuff for an experienced "syty" guy if you ask me.

That doesnt justify the threats that were made by the other party. Looks to me like a bad deal just got worse and both parties share the responsibility.

He's just a kid.He offered dude his $ back,dude flipped out.

I know Pete just didn't know,he was going off what he was told when he bought it.

So Pete got ripped off.That doesn't make him a ripper offer.

All 83olds383 has to do is return the turbo to Pete,and BAM,refund.

Simple.

then you would think he could tell if a turbo was for a Sy or Ty and not a GN. If that wasnt enough, you would think he could tell if the exhaust housing was painted or ceramic coated.

If it was TE-63 Turbo for SyTy, it would usually be a GN turbo with a 3 to 4 bolt adapter. I am guessing Pete is Turbo Guru :)

On the flip side, the original poster seems to be leaving out info. If you really knew Turbo he would also know that a PTE52 is not a 52mm Turbo (60-1 59mm Compressor Wheel) I don't understand all the drama about a seller that has offer to return you money and shipping? Yeah its disappointing but this is probably the best situation and to start threatning someone is going to far.

As was posted by another member here, there is a thread in syty.net about this. When this was all happening just a couple days ago, Pete was talking about it with some of us in our chat room. Pete wants to do the right thing, but he also wants that turbo back. There are 3 people in Florida willing to either meet him half-way to exchange turbo for cash, or drive all the way out to his place for the same exchange.

In the interest of being honest and fair to all parties involved, I would think the OP would take the offers of meeting someplace public that's mutually acceptable to both parties, make the exchange, and call it good. Pete is a tremendous human being, and would not intentionally screw anyone. That's not just my opinion - anyone who actually knows him would vouvh for him.

Yawn.... This doesn't even deserve a reply to the original poser.. Err.. I mean Poster.

Why is this even here? Wrong part.. not as described...... I'll give your money back and

shipping....

Where's the problem again?

I feel this post pretty much sums it up. Pete refund Andy his money and I will make sure you get your turbo back.

Yawn.... This doesn't even deserve a reply to the original poser.. Err.. I mean Poster.

Why is this even here? Wrong part.. not as described...... I'll give your money back and

shipping....

Where's the problem again?

:confused::confused: I completely agree. Ok wrong part so ill give you your money back. Hell theres a few guys that will come give it to you and put it in your hand so no worries. WTH is the problem? And whats with all the threats?? That is deffinatly not a way to get what you want unless your a 2yr old girl. I dont know pete personally but if it was me and you made threats like that to me after i offered to give you your money back I would have told you to kiss my a$$ but...it seems like he is a stand up guy since even after all this sh*t storm he is still offereing to give you your doe back. People get pissed off and im sure i would too if it was me but ya get your money back and go find what you want. end of story..

:confused::confused: I completely agree. Ok wrong part so ill give you your money back. Hell theres a few guys that will come give it to you and put it in your hand so no worries. WTH is the problem? And whats with all the threats?? That is deffinatly not a way to get what you want unless your a 2yr old girl. I dont know pete personally but if it was me and you made threats like that to me after i offered to give you your money back I would have told you to kiss my a$$ but...it seems like he is a stand up guy since even after all this sh*t storm he is still offereing to give you your doe back. People get pissed off and im sure i would too if it was me but ya get your money back and go find what you want. end of story..

How do you trust someone that sent you something that wasnt even close to its original description? I see the offer to refund the money upon return of the turbo. Andy paid Pete without seeing the turbo or knowing anything about Pete. Pete admitted his screw up and said return the turbo and said he will give Andy's money back. Why should Andy trust this guy now? Pete doesnt exactly have a good track record at this point. With that being said, there are offers from board members that vouch for Pete to pay Andy and pick up the turbo. Sounds like a plan but, this is not needed. I can assure you that if Pete refunds the money he will get his turbo back...everyone is happy. Andy is a good guy and I'll vouch for him. I can understand why he is pissed..but lets get this resolved

The problem obviously is his attitude. He came into syty board bashing someone that made an honest mistake.

A quick hey board, do you know XXX and can I trust to get my money back if I send a part back post would have gone over just fine.

Instead it was a post saying XXX is a scammer.

Just because someone owns a car with a turbo doesn't mean they have to be a turbo expert. Hell I can work my way around turbo vehicle very good, but I couldn't always just tell what a turbo was if you laid it in my hands.

Attitude goes a long way in life, that was the problem here.

I am sending the turbo back to Pete so He can refund my money, unless somebody here wants to buy it for $650....lol....it looks like jet hot to me and it spins like a ball bearing....good deal!.....when he refunds the money ill post on here again so everyone knows....

sorry to hear about this guys

Pete is a good guy. hope you guys get this sorted out!

Scott

I need your help!!!!!!