Say 'Goodnight' to the carbed turbo..

KendallF

Blah blah blah
..tomorrow I'm pulling the motor out of the 83 T-type I picked up recently. :) All of that plumbing is going bye-bye. It runs but I'm just not inclined to work on it as-is and so the EFI parts are going on the long block that was in the car.

Bring on the hate. :p

..tomorrow I'm pulling the motor out of the 83 T-type I picked up recently. :) All of that plumbing is going bye-bye. It runs but I'm just not inclined to work on it as-is and so the EFI parts are going on the long block that was in the car.

willing to sell any leftover parts?

No hate but a lot of pity. Sorry you don't want to keep it stock but to each their own. It's one thing to convert an NA regal but to pervert an C/T car is another thing all together. Hope you have a parts car cause you're gonna need one so you have all the parts you need,:biggrin:

willing to sell any leftover parts?

Yes, I think I'll probably pull the entire setup off (intake, turbo, headers, yada yada) clean it up, and try to sell it as a set.

No hate but a lot of pity. Sorry you don't want to keep it stock but to each their own. It's one thing to convert an NA regal but to pervert an C/T car is another thing all together. Hope you have a parts car cause you're gonna need one so you have all the parts you need,:biggrin:

I'm all about the perversion!

is not known to leave things in a "stock" config!!:D:D

How've you been, Chuck? :) After a long hiatus, I am actually working on some car stuff again. I actually have a pretty stock-ish and boring 73 Century I'm driving these days..

I posted this just for fun to see if I could get a rise out of anybody. The car was a derelict that sat for probably 10+ years and needs a bunch of stuff (fuel system, radiator, misc accessories). I have a lot of EFI parts and if I'm going to tear the car half apart, I'm going to go ahead and convert it. More than anything, I'd like to see all of the carbed turbo parts go to somebody who'll use them.

83 ttype

have one and under total restoration would be interest in top end if not to costly also looking for coolant supply/returnline for fabracation purposes

I said good night to my 83 turbo set-up about 7 years ago. I swapped it for the intercooler/FI and couldn't be happier. Now TA is building me a Stage II for it :eek:. I can't wait to have $30k in a car that's only worth about $7500.

I said good night to my 83 turbo set-up about 7 years ago. I swapped it for the intercooler/FI and couldn't be happier. Now TA is building me a Stage II for it :eek:. I can't wait to have $30k in a car that's only worth about $7500.

i Really want to see some pics of your car if you can spare some...

Don't worry. Pretty much anybody who's ever built a S2, with few exceptions, ended up with a car that's worth less than they had in it. That's called racing. :p

Totally brings back nightmares!

LOL..

if your getting rid of that motor, can i have the thermostat housing. i need one for the 83.

Mat, I'm going to keep everything together right now and try to sell it all together -- intake, turbo, headers, carb, distributor, ECM, wiring harness.. everything needed to put this fine pile of hardware in another car. ;)

Buy it all, chrome plate and polish it, and build the world's most uniquely motored T-bucket or something. :eek:

As exhibit 1 in my essay entitled 'WTF?!' I offer this...]

Something different is always scary. ;) I was afraid of fuel injectors my first time, but I'm over that now.

Most of the mess on the these engines is the AIR pump, valves and plumbing. Once that's gone, they are pretty much exposed and easy to work on.

Most of the mess on the these engines is the AIR pump, valves and plumbing. Once that's gone, they are pretty much exposed and easy to work on.

Boy aint that the truth. The 80's cars were full of crap wiring wise and vacuum lines as well.:( Getting it all figured out and cleaned up is the number one thing that will help make the car cleaner and easier to work on.:smile:

Boy aint that the truth. The 80's cars were full of crap wiring wise and vacuum lines as well.:( Getting it all figured out and cleaned up is the number one thing that will help make the car cleaner and easier to work on.:smile:

you SEE.... thats the problem ive been having, i look at this...., snake pit... and i start to sob to myself when i work under the hood of my car. its a pain just reaching the spark plugs. on my friends car we gave a tuneup to, the plug were right ontop Ie sparkplug in head, distrbutor only had a vacuum advance, and everything was right there and in plain sight... i had to work on a mustang 200ci, and lemme tell you youve never seen simplicity when you work on an straight 6:biggrin:

Im going to capture my wires and harnesses a bit more before i start more work...

Well I sent you the wiring diagram for a reason kid. Start trying to read it and learn how to correct what you need to. It will make sense even though it looks like a mess right now. Just take your time and go slowly.

LOL..I hope all of you guys know that this is light hearted fun we're making here. I don't want to piss anybody off. :) I know the appeal of making HP with something that's not mainstream; heck, as Buick guys, we all experience that compared to the SBC guys.

Ironically, the intake I'm going to put in this car is a converted Weiand single plane 4 bbl intake, and it's getting a distributor.