San Diego question

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
I will be flying to San Diego on a business trip May 14-17 and staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Is there anything interesting to do around there?

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX
well how old are u? lol its important to know.;)
Well, I'm 27 and the Disneyland/Sea World thing didn't exactly flip me out when I went there as a kid...:D ....my brother lives in Carlsbad (I intend to bring the GN there in June) so I'm sure he'll show me around a bit....I'm just looking for anything interesting.

Well, I'm biased, thinking that San Diego is one of the nicest cities in the country - if not THE nicest. Not knowing if you're going to have much daytime free-time, or if you're on the prowl, here's some places you'd want to check out:
- Gaslamp quarter (downtown 4th Ave. - 7th Ave. south of Broadway) for nightlife. Lots of great restaurants and clubs.
- Kansas City Barbecue - walking distance from the Hyatt. Where they filmed the bar scenes for Top Gun.
- Pacific Beach for restaurants and clubs.
- San Diego Zoo. Probably the best in the world.
- Sea World. Sounds hokey, but it's a blast (even for a 47 year-old like me.)
- Balboa Park - Aerospace museum, and automotive museum.
- Point Loma - Cabrillo Nat'l Monument

Re: Tijuana. There's little you'd want there that you can't get in San Diego for a few dollars more, and the risk to life and freedom just ain't worth it.

Mac pretty much told you like it is. Pacific Beach during the day is the place to be and the gaslamp in the evening. If you go to PB, just walk around and act stoned and you will fit right in.......LMFAO :D