San Antonio area TR's...

Rodney87GN

Hey just wondering if anyone here is from around San Antonio. Seems like all the TRs in Texas are in the DFW or Houston areas. A few months ago I saw a badass light blue Turbo T on hwy 281, and another GN on hwy 90. Anyways where do yall hang out/cruise at? I'd like to meet some local TR enthusiasts and shoot the sh1t. :cool:

Rodney

I am in Corpus Christi. There are a couple of us that go to SAR dragstrip. Do you go to the Drag Strip? My tranny is slippin so I dont know when i will go with the GN.

Haven't been to SAR yet, but plan on going soon. Are they strict on tech? I don't have a helmet or driveshaft loop so they might not let me run.

There are atleast 5 of us "TR people" and another guy bought a mid 11 sec limited this weekend.. Its nice

I'm in Helotes. Sent you an e-mail. There's some cars in Austin you ought to see. Big race in Noble, Oklahoma Oct. 29th, I think, Maybe a San Antonio Raceway thing or two coming up. Check the next Domestic shootout. Cheers.

we usually hit all the midnight madness evetns, super street sundays and the clash of the titans

Turbo- got your email, thanks. I live on Ft. Sam Houston. I'll give you a call real soon!

I'm going to SAR when I get a few minor issues figured out.

Better check on the status of Temple Academy- last I heard it was closed for now!

TurboTR

Jolly460 said:
Hey just wondering if anyone here is from around San Antonio. Seems like all the TRs in Texas are in the DFW or Houston areas. A few months ago I saw a badass light blue Turbo T on hwy 281, and another GN on hwy 90. Anyways where do yall hang out/cruise at? I'd like to meet some local TR enthusiasts and shoot the sh1t. :cool:

Rodney

Welcome!! We needed more turbo Buicks in SA. Mine ran low 11's. It was fun but I got tired of breakage. I still love turbo Regals but my new toy is a turbocharged 5.0 Mustang. Beware!! "Its only a V8 with a hairdryer" :D
Once again welcome and see you at the track!! ;)

Hey thanks! Sorry about your luck with breaking stuff, it just means you're making some power. :biggrin: I also hope to be in the low 11s when I'm done. I didn't realize Thunderfab was in SA, as I plan on getting an IC from them in my quest for the 11s.

302s with hair dryers are cool in my book. Honestly, if I didn't get my GN I probably would've got an old LX hatch, keep it stock looking, and throw a turbo on it.

Tony from Thunderfab is a friend of mine. We experimented on my car with one of his first IC's. They work good. My car ran 11.12 at 124 mph using the Thunderfab IC. Hopefully my lil R302 with a 76 GTS could blast some mid 9's. :eek: :eek:

Hey Rodney,
I have the light blue TR in San Antonio. Call me some time.

Paul Wilke
495-5588 office
497-3663 home

Ok, so that was you I saw back in May/June on 281 north....Sweet car you have! I was in my wifes black 95 Z28 when you passed me. I said to my wife "hey check out this TurboT coming up." I was gonna try to race you even though I would've got smoked bad. LOL. But I had the 2 kids in the back so I decided not to. I'll give you a buzz sometime.

Rodney

sa

go to bifs buzzby burgers on topperwein and 35 on friday nightsaround 18:00 hours its a good safe place with a lot of good rides.....reuban

gnx203 said:
go to bifs buzzby burgers on topperwein and 35 on friday nightsaround 18:00 hours its a good safe place with a lot of good rides.....reuban

Reuban,

Hey don't forget us ATX guys..lol :wink:

Long time time no see; how all of your projects going :D

Later

Gary