Salvage yard road trip/turbo Regal

copterpilot

I just got back from a 600 mile 9 dry country salvage yard road trip. Found a 78 or 79 rust free turbo Regal cpe. Nice blue paint, and interior. Didn't hear it run but it is suppose to. No frame or body rust at all. No t-tops or bucket seats. Anybody got any ideas as to what it is worth? Let me know. Also found an extremely nice aluminum core support after looking at many many dozens of g-bodies. Was in 1 yard that was over 100 acres in size, took hours on a 4 wheeler to see all the stuff. Was at another yard that had over 1500 cars from the 80,s and down. If anybody is looking for something and I can remember if I saw it at one of these places let me know and I will pass along the info. Thanks GL

Hey GL, were some of them yards in eastern Nebraska? I used to live in Omaha and I remember going to a few that were about that size. It used to take me about 2 days just to go through one yard. Them farmers never throw anything away. On the turbo car. Parts are damn near impossible to find so make sure it does run before you buy. If it was me and a salvage yard was selling it I would offer them scrap value for it and see if they bite. The 1st generation turbo cars are kind of the red headed step childs of the turbos so they dont get any respect so they really aint worth to much. Eric Fisher

These yards are in north centeral Nebraska thru centeral SD. One was 100 acres in size and one had 1500 cars from the 80,s down to the 30's. I am probably going back later in the spring, so if anybody needs anything let me know and I will look for what you need. Thanks GL

I am sorry, I was looking for g-body stuff, so I didn't pay much attention to the older stuff. I will look next time I go. I will post my cell phone number when I go so if anybody wants to call to tell me what you are looking for at the time. GL