SALES!!! SALES!!! SALES!!! Please read!!

should sales through pm's be ok? or should public sales be choice?

• i'm not sure, I've always sold via PM's.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TURBOELKY

I think that the for sale section should be "first come first serve". In other words, the first person to post in a sale thread, should be first in line! Pm sales are not fair to the first person to post they were interested first, especially when there is no way to tell a pm was sent before they posted!

This way, it would keep sellers fair, and buyers fair too. Upon sale, then the pm's should fly, with buyers and sellers info etc. This would stop alot of confusion with sales, you would know exactly where you are in line, on something you inquire about.If somebody says they pass, then it goes to second in line etc...

When you are first to post on a part you want, but told somebody pm'd first, how do you know whats true? what if the other guy offers a few more bucks?? This is my reasoning. Thanks guys! and hope you all voice your opinions!!!:)

X2

I agree with Turboelky, it get old when ur first in line and the second or third guy in line post paypal sent, before seller even responds to first two in line

I disagree.

If I want to buy something from a seller, it is no one's business but my own. I shouldn't have to broadcast to the entire world what I want to buy. If I really want a part and want to offer more than the asking price, even if there is someone else in line for it, I will.

I saw a car for sale, there was a deal pending, I offered $1000 more than the asking price, seller turned it down. It is up to the seller, it is their property, let them decide what they want to do with it and who they want to sell it to.

If you listed a part for sale for $20, some random person on the internet says put me in line first. Then you get an offer from a potential buyer for $120. Who you gonna sell it to?

I disagree.

If I want to buy something from a seller, it is no one's business but my own. I shouldn't have to broadcast to the entire world what I want to buy. If I really want a part and want to offer more than the asking price, even if there is someone else in line for it, I will.

I saw a car for sale, there was a deal pending, I offered $1000 more than the asking price, seller turned it down. It is up to the seller, it is their property, let them decide what they want to do with it and who they want to sell it to.

If you listed a part for sale for $20, some random person on the internet says put me in line first. Then you get an offer from a potential buyer for $120. Who you gonna sell it to?

I of course would dis agree with your statement. IF its for sale on a public forum, its not something that is "sensitive" where you would want to keep it a secrete. If it was viagara, I would understand you dont want a bunch of men to know your problems.

"best offer", never was meant to mean my asking price or LESS. If you want to offer somebody more, thats OK!! but put it up, so the person who was "first" would have a chance to make a counter offer! PM'ing people offers for more money is DIRTY for the original first person in line. If I didn't want to match your offer, I would opt to pass. Simple as that. These are car parts, and unless you are building some super secretive engine nobody will ever see....(doubt it) then I dont see the need for such privacy.

Thanks guys, and thanks Alvaro!! get back to that beer.:rolleyes:

i of course would dis agree with your statement. If its for sale on a public forum, its not something that is "sensitive" where you would want to keep it a secrete. If it was viagara, i would understand you dont want a bunch of men to know your problems.

"best offer", never was meant to mean my asking price or less. If you want to offer somebody more, thats ok!! But put it up, so the person who was "first" would have a chance to make a counter offer! Pm'ing people offers for more money is dirty for the original first person in line. If i didn't want to match your offer, i would opt to pass. Simple as that. These are car parts, and unless you are building some super secretive engine nobody will ever see....(doubt it) then i dont see the need for such privacy.

Thanks guys, and thanks alvaro!! Get back to that beer.:rolleyes:

sorry but in this heat i got to have a beer.

let the bidding begin!!!

maybe these desirable parts should be auctioned off to the highest bidder. then he who wants it the most will get them!! Not trying to stir the pot, I just think it should be a free market. I have had all kinds of stuff sold out from under me, it is just how business goes sometime's.

maybe these desirable parts should be auctioned off to the highest bidder. then he who wants it the most will get them!! Not trying to stir the pot, I just think it should be a free market. I have had all kinds of stuff sold out from under me, it is just how business goes sometime's.
if you go on Calguns.net, most of the sellers put "first to say I'll take it" then, "then shoot me a pm for payment info". That is the way it should be. Not an auction. Just straight forward selling. You want it, be the first to say so! Anyways, this got old already. Nobody really cares. Boo Hoo, i'm out.

i have people tell me i'll take send me payment info,or can you wait until payday or etc.... i wait i wait and i wait and plenty of times i wait for nothing! first one that pays usually gets it! i had a guy 2 weeks ago who came over and window shopped and then asked me to call him if somebody else was interested in the same seats as he was :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bottom line i see your point but sometimes it is easier if somebody comes over and picks up a part instead of having to wrap,ship and wait for the money to hopefully show up?

had a guy on here wanting a turbo i had he asked me to hold it and i did i passed on several other buyers only to have the guy tell me 7 days later he got another one given to him but a few weeks later same guy sends me a pm telling me he still needs the turbo because the other one he got was no good!

back in march i got sniped by the pm'er on some h&r motor mounts i'll never know what really happened there????

sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

i have been on both sides of your arguement.

better yet

Blue GTA Wheels I have listed for sale

Buyer:Would you take $425 shipped to Michigan 48066

ME: it will work, give me your email and i will send u pics of every wheel for peace of mind, just so you know what ur getting

Buyer:Just peeped `em.They look fine to me. The spot you are pointing out looks like oxidation form the wheel weight to me. Which is fine.I am mainly interested in the set of fronts (like everyone else) and eventually plan on having a complete set done in silver for my silver, chrome trim car. I currently have another set of front and rears.As long as you know you have 2 fronts there, I am cool with the deal. It is kind of hard to tell 100% from the pics. Do you have paypal

ME: might take a few days to ship, need boxes but they will be packaged right. YES 2 fronts 2 rears Paypal mnrci@verizon.net

This morning I get
Buyer: In the process of exchanging messages, a local guy pm`ed me. He has a similar condition set, he offered up for $250. (needs cash bad) A little corrosion where the weights went, but, straight.
I checked them out tonight, and got the set from him

Yes, it should be first come first served. I posted a posi unit for a friend and said clearly in the add to post offers on the thread. I got several PM's about it but no one was willing to make an offer. I also tried to buy some parts for my car and the guy tried to up the cost because some one else, so he said, offered more. Turned out he was trying to jack me and told the other guy I'd offered more than I did. That's just wrong.

first one to send me money will get the parts, I cannot tell you how many times guys have said they will take this os that and then we never hear from them again
Mike

Seller's decision

IMO it is ultimately up to the seller to decide who and when to sell to. The seller owns the item until he sees fit to accept payment in the form he/she chooses and in the amount the seller is willing to accept. The deal is between the seller and the buyer of the sellers choosing. Remember the item(s) for sale belong to the seller so they can choose what they do with them. As a buyer I would not be offended if a seller chose to sell to someone else. It is their right to do with the item as THEY see fit. A listing FOR SALE is no more than an opportunity for a perspective buyer to purchase; not a contract, agreement, or guarantee that they will end up completing a transaction. There are many things that may determine the outcome and eventual sale. Unless the seller states "first come first serve" no one should ASSUME that by posting first they will get it. As far as someone stating that they had an earlier PM on an item, that is the sellers perogative (true or not) they will sell it to whomever they choose. I would hate to think of the "can of worms" that would develop from "trying" to police who a seller decides to deal with! If you get the item, part or whatever is listed for sale for the price you like congtatulations! If not move on to the next. If the seller gets their asking price from the buyer of their choosing good for them! That is after all the reason for LISTING something for sale. Be happy for the seller and the buyer:biggrin:and keep posting we all need to buy and sell stuff to keep our passion for these cars alive! Sorry for the ramble:rolleyes:but we DO NOT need to make it "intimidating" to sell on the forum.