Saleen

N

needboost

the other night i came back from hanging out with my friends. (g-body club) anyway we are in trafic and my friend ben calls up and tells me we got 3 mustang but one is a saleen. him and my friend tom were taking the GT's and i was going tot ake the saleen (they got monte's by the way). so went next to the saleen at a 50 roll and punched it he walked away from me. second time we did from a dead stop. i went to spool and as i started spooling he took off! i guned it and spun real real hard hooked up and my car launched :) so i started slowly pulling on him but the road got narrow. he only beet me by a car. it was the 01 s281. not bad for only 14psi.

needboost not bad at all...

Had the bastard let you build some boost it probably would of been much different... From a 50mph roll, however, you definitely NEEDBOOST LOL ;) If you had about 18 to 20psi of boost from a roll you would of most likely taken him... I notice with only 14 to 15psi at around 80 to 90mph most people creep by and put about a car on me, because you seem to hit this wall where there is nothing left in your car and if your racing a car that has some topend like a Saleen... you lose!!! Oh yeah I've had the samething happen to me where I'm building a little boost and the light turns green or they just gun it... all I can say is it SUCKS and maybe you should tell them to wait a second, because you have to make sure your hazzards are working so you can put them on after you hand them their ass LOL... One more thing if you want to run some more boost on the street get an SMC alchy kit... I recently ordered one and am waiting for it, but I've heard a couple guys are running up to 23psi of boost with NO knock on pump gas 93 octane!!!:D Brick

well my main problem is traction! and i'm leaning out big time top end. no KR but defintaly leaning out. i still got a few tricks up my sleave dont want to push the boost with my pitbull chip. the alchy kit thats a last resort i'm running stock injectors. but hey it was proud that i could hang with that car.

Hey,

That does suck about him jumping the gun, but damn, those Saleens are NOT slow cars, no shame in losing by a mere car with an unfair-ish launch. If you were at the strip, with some lights, and KNEW when to build boost, that lack of traction wouldn't have mattered, he'd be seeing your tail-lights.

well another thing is that i was also running 14 psi. then the passenger had the nerve to say i'll beat you with my LS1 SS. now i've been camaro's before. but i'm quite happy with her preformance that night. no way i lied i'm impressed :)

I got beat by a Saleen from KC. He did the same thing to me. As soon as we stopped on the line he took off and I reeled him in but couldn't pass him by the end of the quarter. His was a S-351 though.

sounds to be like you need to call the boost gods..

TURN UP THE BOOST MAN, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, I REMEMBER RUNNING 15 PSI ON MY CAR, THEN I PUT RACE GAS IN IT AND TURN IT UP TO 20PSI, MANNNNNNNN WHAT A DIFFERENCE, IT SCARED THE Sh*$ OUT OF ME, TURN IT UP NO NEED TO BE AFRAID AS LONG AS YOU KEEP THE KR DOWN.

GOOD LUCK.

the problem is the pitbull chip and i dont have a adjustable fuel regulator yet. please beleave me i want to. but the 14 psi keeps me out of trouble on the street