Safety issue?

jcawley3

I have a transmission leak where the driveshaft comes in. After driving there will be a few spots the size of a golf ball on the ground. one spot is from the tail of tranny the other 2 from the exhaust pipe where it gathers during driving. Tranny is coming out in the next 2 weeks for rebuild, however I really want to make a pass today to see how much differance the MT DR's are going to make... Bad Idea? Now I'm no fool if it were pouring out I would not question it...I'm also a newbie when it comes to racing a car at the track...what's your opinion....Think 1 pass you would be stupid

It sounds like your outputshaft seal is leaking. You can probably replace the seal quickly. That job should take about 1-2 hours depending.

Why risk it? Do it before you go racing. Even if you miss your track opportunity this time, make sure your car is 100% right before you go down the track. Bad things happen from seemingly insignificant problems.

Dave

your right.....guess I have to wait till next year.....feel like a kid with a new toy on christmas but santa forgot to get the batteries!