Safe clearance to fuel lines with atr single shot

elevensecgn

Just installed a swap meet ATR single shot on my car. Previously had the old style BGC 2 3/4 duals. The ATR is bent differently and puts the hump over the axle right under the heat shield that covers the three short rubber fuel lines. There is a heat shield there that is probably 1/4 to 3/8 away from the rubber lines. The pipe sits right under it with maybe 1 to 1 1/8 between the top of the pipe and the shield. This seems a bit close to me, but if I drop it any more the exhaust sits lower that the other single shots I have seen. Is this about normal? Anybody else felt concerned when they installed theirs, or am I just being overly cautious? (Car Fires scare the he11 outa me)

Thanks guys,

Dwight Hayden

Mine's the same way, though I have a "Frankenstein" single shot cobbled together from various sources. I haven't given the proximity of the heat shield much thought since the pipe doesn't ever get "red hot" anyhow; I worry more about the airbag but I used Airlift's supplied shields and it seems fine. I guess if you ever got to the point of having dripping fuel it could be a problem. Don't weird me out man. :D BTW, didn't you use to fix headers? Your name sounds familiar.

Originally posted by John Larkin
BTW, didn't you use to fix headers? Your name sounds familiar. [/B]

Yep, that's me. I kinda retired from that a while back due to health problems though. Getting older ain't all it's cracked up to be :( but it beat's the heck out of the only other alternative.

Relax, an air gap, even a small one, is a very effective insulator. You need to chill, and start repairing headers again...

:D