S2 Aluminum Heads

C

Chris Taylor

What is a set of new never used S2 heads worth? The guides are installed, intake ports untouched except for bowl work. Combustion chambers are 45.0-45.5 cc and fully polished. Exhaust ports ported for 1 7/8 diameter headers. Valve seats ground for 2.06 intake and 1.62 exhaust. Machine operations done by Lou Lineberry. No valves or hardware. These heads are nice! Need a ball park before I purchase these heads.
Thanks,
CT

Chris,

This is my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. I'd say they are worth about $500 for the pair. I base this on the fact that bare heads that are ported (used of course) typically sell for $350.

Neal

He also has a set of untouched heads the guides are not installed. Are the untouched heads worth more? He wants $1000.00 for the new set and $1500.00 for the set that has some work done.

Stage Heads

Well heres my opinion. The heads are overpriced. First a stage head never wears out. In my years of dealing with Busch and ASA motors I have never seen a cracked head. They live foreverer. I have a dozen sets of heads on the shelf and sell a set once in a blue moon. You can usually buy a nice set of Chapmans that are cnc ported and complete with titanium pieces for 600 to a thou. I have a new set of untouched heads now with seats and no guides for 500 and I'll throw in a new manifold so you can port match for 50 bucks. They have been machined for Jessels so I guess they aren't really untouched. JMO Ron

Thanks Ron, Can you look at my post on the S2 block and crank and advise? Thanks CT

Ron,
Interested in the heads an manif., Leo D. said you were going to email me with some other stuff you had avail.....
Thanks,
Bill Anderson