S10 calipers/15' Welds?

davidf

Anyone running the S10 blazer twin piston brake setup with 15' wheels? I'm debating a set of Weld draglites as an alternate set of wheels and wonder if they'll clear my brakes. I'm currently running 17's so it's quite the downsize. Thanks!:)

Well they came with 15's David so you may need to get the wheels and do a test fit on them. I think there's some wheels that won't fit properly though.

Yeah I was'nt sure what the later model S10 Blazer rim size was. I have a friend that may loan me a weld for test fit. That would truely stink to buy some and then not fit.:frown:

This is a set of Westerns I test fitted for my rears and you can see how close it is.

Attachments

• wheel clearance.jpg
    wheel clearance.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 269
2004 S10 CHEVY TRAIL BLAZER FRONT BRAKES on 15"

yes they fit 15'' rims with no problems what so ever everything just bolts right up even the brake lines. i got them in a junk yard for $100.00. they came off a S-10 everything was good but i changed the rotor and pads
I just installed them and still breaking them in but they work alot!:eek: better than my stock ones. it took me about 3 hours to do well worth it
here are so pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 260
The backs of my Draglites rubbed the caliper brackets. Some time with a grinder solved it, but it was a hassle.

I thought the dual piston calipers required the S10 extreme spindle too?
i think the Exteme used the same smaller brakes as every g body ever built- i've only ever heard of anyone getting the spindles with the multi piston calipers from the later 4 door 2wd Blazers.

Not all 15's will clear this mod. Most will but I've had a few different issues. As stated above, a grinder does the trick for the most part. One particular set of Craiger ProStar look a likes wound not work without a spacer though.